This Page

has been moved to new address

Can't Get Physical... Physical...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Can't Get Physical... Physical...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can't Get Physical... Physical...

For the past few months, I've been gradually increasing my level of activity.

First there was a little walking...


And then, I branched out to beginner's yoga....



Now I have spin/yoga class on Sundays...



But I'm still not in a regular daily / few times a week routine.  While I'd really like to be, I'm having trouble finding the inspiration, time, interest.

Part of the challenge is that I am not at home.  I'm traveling ALL MONTH LONG this month.  Every single week, and twice sometimes. 


What that means is that I'm exhaustedly arriving at the hotel every night and DRAGGING my body out of bed in the mornings.  I wish I was at home so that I could do spin/yoga during the week.  That would be PERFECT.  I actually enjoy the class (unheard of)... and I have a three-month pass!  Easy peezy!

The crazy part:  I bring my workout clothes EVERY week!  And most weeks, I pack TWO sets of gym clothes... because "this is the week!"  Sadly, I've worn the workout clothes, but moreso just to sit here and work at night.

I did sign up for a yoga class on Monday here in SLC.  I dressed and went to find the place and couldn't find it!  GPS failed me... which is never the case.  Seriously, this is easier than this.

Tomorrow morning, I have a conference call early, so there's no working out tomorrow.  And Friday is my early work morning and flight out.  This week is gone already and once again, I've done nothing and those clothes go home with no sweat on them.  Sigh...

This is my big struggle right now.  Something I'm just kicking myself about.  I've got to figure it out.  Next week, I'll be right back here... I need a plan of action where there's more of a happy ending. 

In other travel-related news, my side salads are FROZEN in my fridge in my room.  Seriously.  Icy lettuce, anyone?

Ok, heading to concierge lounge to get a little cheese to go with my whine... (Not really)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Nieve said...

While I don't travel nearly as much as you do, incorporating activity into my day was a bit of a struggle at the beginning. I didn't want to spend hours working out to lose only 2lbs a week, and I was sure I would die after 10 minutes lol. I do Jenny Direct and came across this on the site: http://www.jennycraig.com/christopherrosslane

There are some great strength training exercises there - personally I love the Monthly Challenge. At first I was doing 1 set, now I do 2 sets a week (of week 1 - progressing to week 2 tomorrow). I try to do them back to back but if I don't have time, it takes 15 minutes to do 1 set of the upper and lower body exercises, so I do 1 set in the morning and a 15 minute walk, then do the same in the evening. I find it easier to carve 15 minutes out of my day here and there then 1 hour at a time. It all adds up :) Best of luck!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have said that you like yoga. Maybe you can find a Yoga DVD you can watch on your laptop in your room. Head over to Target or Walmart. They have a large selection of DVDs many of which have a short version 20 minutes or so. I think that 20 minutes are totally doable even after a hard workday or before you shower in the morning.You could even go to the hotel gym and start with 10 minutes on the bike! Just keep trying!
MelaMyselfandI.com

 
At August 11, 2011 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I'm not a fan of traveling out of my suitcase either! And I agree, it's so hard to find time to workout when you have so much to do and you are out of your normal routine! I hope everything gets better with your schedule!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous No Thanks to Cake said...

Can I just say I have the best followers? Great advice. I can't wait to check out the workouts on the JC page. Darn right, I can do a 15 rep of calesthenics!

I should have mentioned in my whininess that my problem with working out at night (pretty much any cardio) is that I turn into the Energizer bunny and can't sleep. It soooooo sucks. So, working out cardio-wise in the am is my only option.

I will say, I also like the DVD option. I have some at home (ahem) collecting dust that I can bring. Perhaps next week!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home