This Page

has been moved to new address

Small Victories + A Suitcase Story

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Small Victories + A Suitcase Story

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Small Victories + A Suitcase Story

It's been a while since I posted a progress pic, so I thought I'd put one up!  


I'm now down a total of 61.2 lbs! Woo hoo!  I also took care of my roots today, so the hair's looking so much better tonight than it did this morning!


-61.2 lbs - August 13, 2011
NSV:  MY "NEW" SHIRT
Everyone has their favorite spots on the planet, and Laguna Beach, California is one of mine.  I love that little town and wandering the shops.  I also love sitting on that gorgeous beach and watching the sunset.  Every time I get to Southern California, I make it to Laguna.  It's just my spot.  Speaking of which, I need to get there this year.... Hmmm




Well, I bought this top I'm wearing in the pic in a little boutique in Laguna about 3-4 years ago.  It was a large, so I just assumed I could wear it back then.  Um, I totally assumed wrong.  It's been in my closet since then, as a piece that "maybe one day I'll be able to wear."  Well, today was the day.  It's no longer a blouse that looks like it's painted on... it fits nicely.  The back has lacy detail that makes it super cute, too.  


I'll claim this as today's NSV, that and the fact that the guy at the dry cleaners played the "Something's different about you, Ma'am" game with me today.  :)


WEIGH-IN UPDATE
Onto my ON SCALE VICTORY of the day!  I faced the scale this morning after a little hiatus, and VICTORY was MINE!  I'm down 0.5 lbs this week, and officially recovered from all of my vacation eating!   Yessssssssss!  I also was able to stock up my freezer this week.... it was nearly bare, and I usually keep it VERY stocked so I have lots of choices!  I feel ready for the next few weeks now!


MY DEAR, HEAVY SUITCASE
Somehow I managed to bring back 47 lbs worth of luggage with me from Salt Lake City, per Frontier Airlines' scale at the airport... there may have been a little bit of boredom shopping and those workout clothes I don't wear are HEAVY.  And, somehow that beast of a suitcase had to make its way up the stairs once I got home.
This guy gets a LOT of use
I got it up there, as you can see from the picture above.  BUT, how stinkin' heavy was that bag??  Geez!  When I think that I used to carry one of those around ALL the time with me, or even worse, that I used to have to carry TWO of them up the stairs (the actual suitcase + what I was storing in my bod), I think that's just crazy.


Moments like this make me appreciative of this journey and how far I've come.


Question:  How have you noticed your weight loss lately in everyday objects?  

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

CONGRATS on the "new" shirt. It looks fabulous, you look amazing!!!

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Personally I am starting to notice my weight loss in my clothes. I have a pair of shorts that I could literally not close, I'd have to lay on the bed to get them on. Now they're LOOSE! And I've only lost 16.2 pounds! I also noticed a pair of my capris that have a stretchy waist, they almost fall off me when I'm walking, I need to tie the belt on them realllly tight. I think those are going to be donated soon (I'm hoping they can be tied tight enough to last until the end of summer. If not I have more cute shorts haha).

Keep up the great work! You look fabulous!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Need to Get ME Back said...

I LOVE Laguna Beach!!! And congrats on the loss! I like to think of those 5lb bags of potatoes sometimes. To think that you lose one of those bags is impressive... especially when it adds up to even more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home