This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Grilled Veggie Sandwich

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Grilled Veggie Sandwich

Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Recipe: Grilled Veggie Sandwich

Oh boy.... this might be my new favorite summer sammie.

During my fabulous vacation on Cape Cod, my sister-in-law Beth and I made these from a Weight Watchers 15 Minute Five Ingredient Recipe Cookbook.  As always, we modified a bit, but look at this bad boy!

Perfect Sammie to take to the Beach!
Now that I'm at home, I am going to make another version of this sandwich that's more Jenny-friendly.  The scale showed a few additional pounds this morning (Gasp!), so no baguette for me!  

Grilled Veggie Sandwich

For the Grill:
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 purple onion, sliced
Grape Tomatoes
Yellow squash, sliced
Zucchini, sliced
Portabello mushrooms, sliced




2 Tbsp. Lite Vinaigrette or Jenny Balsalmic Dressing

For the Sandwich:
Spinach Leaves
Sliced English Cucumbers

Multi-Grain 100 Calorie Sandwich Thins

Slice all of your grill veggies and place in a bowl.  Toss with dressing - choose a quantity to your liking.  Place in a grill basket.



Cook the veggies until they are deliciously browned and slightly charred.




At the Cape, we used a french baguette to make the sandwich; however, now that I'm home and back to reality, a Sandwich Thin sounds like a better idea.

Yum, Yum, Yum
Add a layer of spinach and cucumbers.  Top with your grilled veggies.  In this pic, I added a little extra vinaigrette to the tough french bread to soften things up (and I spilled it all over the cutting board.)











I hope you love this sandwich as much as I do!!!
Feel free to add any veggies you like to the sandwich.  For my personal sammie, I only use peppers, tomatoes, and onions on the grill with the cukes/spinach, and it tastes AWESOME!  The peppers develop MAD flavor on the grill.. seriously delish!  Another idea:  the original recipe called for some fat free feta, which we left out, which you may choose to add for protein.  I also think that a smear of Laughing Cow Cheese might be yummy.  Play with it!

HERE'S A TIP:  Make extra veggies!  They can hang out in your fridge and be added to any of your favorite Jenny foods or fresh salads.  They're delicious cold or warmed up!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 6, 2011 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

LOVE this recipe! This is a perfect MOMO!!! I have a george foreman grill so I might try this later on in the week. YUM!

Thank you for sharing, BFF! I love your creative recipes and ideas!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

P.S. Just went out and bought the ingredients for this. I am going to use Wishbone light italian dressing (because I have it in the fridge) and possibly marinate the veg in it before I put it on the grill so I won't have to oil the grill or the veggies! YOU ROCK. Thank you sooo much for this!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I think you could definitely marinade them. I used a little Pam grill spray and just the veggies and dressing. No extra oil here!

Going to put them in another JC dish tonight. If it tastes as good as I think it will, it will likely get posted, too!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

Sorry to keep spamming your blog LOL I was thinking too to add a 'meat' to this, I was going to get some part skim mozzarella and slice about 1oz and put it on.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home