This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: BBQ Baked Potato

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: BBQ Baked Potato

Friday, August 12, 2011

New Recipe: BBQ Baked Potato

You've been waiting for it... and here it is!


I waited to blog this recipe, because I had to wait for the cookbook to arrive with the recipe.  After Beth and I tried about two recipes during my time at the Cape, I KNEW I had to own it.  I really can't wait to try more things in here!




The great things about Weight Watchers recipes is that I know the stats are pretty good.  I'm also AMAZED at how easy it is to make the majority of these recipes.  I sorta turned my nose up at the idea of pre-made BBQ chicken, but it was GO-OD.


BBQ Baked Potato
PointsPlus Value per Serving: 10 


4 (6-oz) baking potatoes
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 1/3 shredded barbecue chicken (such as Lloyd's)
1/2 cup (2 oz) reduced fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese

  1. Pierce potato with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in the microwave.  Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
  2. Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food.)  Remove potatoes from the microwave; place chicken in the microwave.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
  3. Slice potato lengthwise, cutting to but not through to the other side.  Fluff with fork.  Top each potato evenly with chicken, sour cream, onions, and cheese.
PER SERVING:  CALORIES 367; FAT 9g (sat. 5.3g, mono 2.4g, poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 16.5g; CARB 57.6g; FIBER 4.2%; CHOL 43mg; IRON 3.2mg; SODIUM 619mg; CALC 117mg  


Because I ALWAYS modify, I have to let you know that I added only a tiny bit of cheese and left the sour cream off.  I also added just a touch of Light Ranch.  Yum, Yum!  Here's my potato below, after I stirred it up a bit!

It almost looks like bacon, doesn't it? Just BBQ Chicken! 
Beth also cooked our potatoes in the oven for about an hour.  It made the skins nice and crispy; the insides were so creamy and delicious.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!

My only question is what's a serving? is it a half a potato or a whole one?

 
At August 12, 2011 at 9:10 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

It's one (6 oz) potato. Ours were not the right size... Vacation eating, remember? I would say ours were about 1.5 servings.

If I were to eat it again, 6 oz is the way to go...

 
At August 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Fat in Suburbia said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. This may be my first MOMO when the time comes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home