This Page

has been moved to new address

Mixing it Up!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Mixing it Up!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mixing it Up!

It's been a REALLY busy week.  Lots of work, lots of driving, and lots of water!  My travels took me to Montana this week.  What a BEAUTIFUL state!  


It's a gorgeous time of year to hit MT; however, the locals have always told me that there ARE four seasons in Montana: WINTER, WINTER, WINTER, and CONSTRUCTION.  You can guess which season it is now...


Here I am in Glacier National Park - - Love this place!
I experienced a TON of construction this week in my drive.  The last thing that a girl wants to see when you're in Montana and have a 3 hour drive ahead is construction signs!  Without XM radio and a dead iPod, the extended drives were a bit challenging!


I did, however, take the time to take some great pics of this beautiful state.  If you've never been to Montana, go in the summer... and DEFINITELY go to Glacier National Park.  It takes my breath away ever time I see it.
What I saw from my windshield
Flathead Lake - - Probably my VERY favorite spot in Montana
Now that I've been on JC for 37 weeks, I'm finding that I need to MIX THINGS UP a bit!  


A NEW JENNY CRAIG CONSULTANT: I weighed in this morning - - on a Saturday, FOUR days after my last weigh-in.  I got a call from the new JC Center Director who wanted to talk to me about my progress and to discuss any feedback I had on the program and the consultative process.  Her timing was impeccable.  My recent consultations with my JCC Sherrie have become quite speedy and not my biggest motivation anymore.  NOTHING AGAINST Sherrie, because she rocks the house and has helped me to lose almost 60 lbs, but I know what Sherrie is going to ask me, and I know she's proud of me so I don't ever disappoint her.  I almost need someone new to impress, to be accountable to, and some new tricks to add to my repertoire!  The center director was awesome about it and suggested I meet with the other consultant next week.  I'm hoping we're a good match!


PS... Down another pound after 4 days!  Woo hoo!  And, I may have bought 10 more of the Lemon Cooler Cookies!  It's a temp item, so stock up if you too love them!


A NEW VIEW ON WATER:  I don't drink enough water.  There, I said it.  I like water, but I guess I just get bored by it.  As someone who drinks water almost exclusively, this is not a good thing.  On Tuesday night, I was perusing Walgreens in Missoula.  Um, not a good idea... I can spend so much so much so quickly in that place!


Nonetheless, I made a fabulous find!  Now, this is going to seem crazy-obvious... but I finally tried the Crystal Light Packets!  Although skeptical, I picked up a box of the pink lemonade flavor and a 16.9 oz bottle of Dasani.  Whoa.... Uh-mazing!  I drank so much water as a result, and as soon as I got home, I went to the store to get more flavors to try and a 24-pack of water!  


I was so excited I took a pic!
TRYING NEW STUFF:  I also made a trip to Whole Foods after my JC visit today, because I'm dying to try the Heirloom Tomato recipe I posted last week (with modifications, of course.)  I found two beautiful heirlooms and I also found something else...




Smart Bacon... AKA Veggie Bacon... AKA Fake'n!  I've NEVER tried this... but one of my favorite bloggers Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers eats it all the time.  Decided to give it a try.  Just 20 calories a slice!  


I had the JC Cinnamon French Toast for a late breakfast today... so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.  I cooked two slices in the skillet, and well... not bad!  The texture is similar to turkey bacon, and the flavor is bacon-y as well.  Now, I didn't love it plain.  But, when I dipped it in some leftover syrup from my french toast (which is what I would do with normal bacon) it was yummy!  I'd also think it would be amazing on a veggie sandwich or as part of a "BLT".


Now for a busy day of unpacking the suitcase, reassembling the guest room, and a show at the Arvada Center tonight... Have a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Need to Get ME Back said...

Pretty pictures! Your progress pictures are awesome by the way! You are doing so good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home