This Page

has been moved to new address

Weighing in on Work Out Wednesdays

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Weighing in on Work Out Wednesdays

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weighing in on Work Out Wednesdays

Peer pressure is great and powerful.  Moreso than I ever imagined actually.

I like the fact that you guys knowing what I'm eating or how I'm working out influences me postively.  I don't like it, however, when I feel like I've let you down, and I'm hard on myself.  I spent years being hard on myself and so mean to myself for not doing what I said I would do in relation to fitness. 

That didn't serve me well.  I'm not sure I want to continue down that path.

With Workout Wednesdays, I'm falling short of the goal I've set for myself (and communicated to all of you.)  And, I feel terrible about it right now. 

While I only worked out 3 times this week, I'm so proud of the time I spent in the gym.  I did a VERY successful round of Couch to 5K on Sunday, running the entire round without whining, stopping, or injuring myself.  That's huge!  

So, I've made the decision to transform my Workout Wednesday posts.  I'm going to continue to tell you about my workouts for the week, but I'm not going to be so hard on myself about the number of days I've worked out v. the number of days I haven't.  I'd rather focus on my time in the gym and celebrate what I've done. I think that's more productive for me right now.

(Source)
I can't even tell you how great I feel when I workout... and how great I feel in general.  At this time last year, I refused to workout and used words like "hate" and "detest" to describe it.  What a difference a year makes!

Ok, I feel better for putting it out there.  I'm down to the last 13 lbs... and I'll get there eventually.  To me, the sprinting is over.  This isn't about racing to the finish line.  This is about pacing myself in a way that makes me feel good about the process and learning that I can maintain what I've started.  It's about building a lifestyle that includes exercise and learning to love what I'm doing at the gym.

In other news, I took a LEAP and I'm officially registered for Fitbloggin' 12!  Who else is going???

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Well done on completing the 5k without injuring yourself! :p

 
At February 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Thats awesome! I am really thinking about signing up for a 5k in May but I am still a little nervous about it.

 
At February 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I love the quote on that picture.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I've debated registering for Fitbloggin' 12 and I won't lie...now that you've said you're going it actually makes me want to go just to meet you!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Erin - I think you should definitely come! @Hil - You too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home