This Page

has been moved to new address

So Happy to Be Overweight

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: So Happy to Be Overweight

Monday, February 13, 2012

So Happy to Be Overweight

I've decided to do something different in terms of weigh-ins moving forward.  Forever now, I've only reported my weight at Jenny Craig as my official weight.  However, my travel schedule has been just plain nuts and weighing at Jenny Craig has been eliminated.


I use a WW Scale at home, as it's the only one I could find that weighs including tenths of a pound


I plan to begin weighing myself weekly on my home scale (which actually weighs a little higher than JC.)  I plan to weigh on Friday mornings, and on Saturday mornings when I'm on the road.  I'll still weigh in at JC too, but blog about my at-home weight.  Make sense?


I weighed on Saturday morning to find the following...


I'm down another 1.8 lbs!
Total Lost: - 78.2 lbs

I've moved into a new "weight decade" (i.e. from the 120s to the 110s) this week, and this week also marks a momentous occasion in relation to BMI.

For those of you unfamiliar with Body Mass Index (BMI), the CDC defines BMI as "a number calculated from a person's weight and height. BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to   screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems."  Click here to calculate your own BMI.

Now, I'm super happy with my weight loss progress and how I feel, but I was surprised to calculate my current BMI and to find out that I'm now officially...

OVERWEIGHT 


Yep.  Last week had I calculated my BMI I would have fallen into the "Obese" category.  When I started my journey with Jenny Craig, I was actually technically "Morbidly Obese."  That means that my weight could have led to an early death and early onset of devastating disease.

If you're not aware of your BMI, it's time to check on it.  If you're living with obesity, it's also time.  Longevity could be yours.  I'm getting closer, but I've got a way to go.  I'd love to see you there with me when I'm super-old and still fantastically (and chemically) not gray.





Let's do this, folks!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Erin said...

OH MY GOSH - YESSSS. SO excited and happy for you. I'm still obese, I think I have about 20 more lbs to go before I'm classified as overweight, and since I long for the day I can declare that I'm overweight I know exactly how huge this is. You have worked hard and you deserve it!!! Hope you have a nice reward lined up for yourself!!

 
At February 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Tim said...

You've done amazing so far, i'm extremely pleased for you.

I think the day my BMI changed from Obese to Overweight was one of the best moments on my entire weightloss journey. I'll never forget how wonderful I felt.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

stupid though.. seriously Kelly? that BMI scale needs re-evaluated! Obese? No way would I even consider you overweight!

 
At February 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Hil - I don't know that I'll ever get down to Normal. Right now, I'm considered "overweight"... and there's reasons for it (trust me). And, I used to be MORBIDLY OBESE, not just OBESE. Last week, I was OBESE though. I'm short. What can I say? :)

 
At February 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake said...

That's great that you're no longer considered obese. Yay! I'm really happy for you. Well done on going down from morbidly obese.

Also, well done on losing nearly another 2lbs.

What are the WW scales like? I could do with joining the 21st century and getting some electrical scales?

x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home