This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Creamy Italian Pork Medallions over Spinach

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Creamy Italian Pork Medallions over Spinach

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Recipe: Creamy Italian Pork Medallions over Spinach

Do you ever have one of those days where so many things pile up on you that it feels so stressful and you can barely breathe?  You may even text one of your friends and tell them you feel like you might spontaneously combust.  I had that day.

Now, the crazy part... most of these things that happened today are GREAT things!  I refinanced my house, I have plans to meet a new friend during my trip to SLC, and I have lots of great job things happening.  Why can even the best of things seem suffocating when they all happen at once?

All it took to cure me was a plane ride here.  I sat on the plane and just relaxed, disconnected from the world.  I took a minute to breathe, and another minute to be grateful. The glass o' wine I'm enjoying at the hotel upon arrival doesn't hurt either.  

Ohhhhhh, I can't wait to tell you more as the week unfolds, dear readers.  Stay tuned.

About This Recipe
Today's recipe is one that should knock your socks off.  I love, LOVED it.  I split the package of pork chops I bought last week, using the first half to make the amazing Hoisin-Lime Pork Lettuce Wraps and the second half to make this delicious dish.  Note:  I once again only made 1/2 of the recipe (if you notice the portions in my pics look small.)

BTW... I think it looks extra yummy on the Plum Fiestaware.

Creamy Italian Pork Medallions over Spinach
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes - Summer 2011
Serves 4
Points Plus value per Serving:  5


INGREDIENTS
1 (1-lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray
1/2 tsp. bottled minced garlic, roasted
2 (6-ounce) packages of fresh baby spinach
1/3 cup light refrigerated Alfredo sauce


INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Cut each piece crosswise into 8 slices.  Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap.  Pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. 


2.  Sprinkle pork evenly with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.  Set aside. (Note:  I was more generous then the recipe suggested with the seasonings, particularly the italian seasoning making sure each side was well-coated.)


 3.  Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add garlic to the pan.  Gradually add spinach.


4.  Cook spinach, turning with tongs, 2 minutes or just until spinach wilts.  Remove pan from the heat.  Remove spinach from the pan and keep warm.



5.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add pork.  Cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. 



6.  Stir in alfredo sauce, turning pork to coat.  Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.  


7.  Serve pork over spinach.  Enjoy!
 

SERVING SIZE:  2 pork medallions and 3/4 cup spinach
PER SERVING:  CAL: 204; FAT 6.1g; PRO: 26.8g; CARB 11g; FIB: 4.1g; SOD: 605mg; WW Points Plus per Serving: 5

ENJOY!


Also... this recipe comes from those FANTASTIC
Weight Watchers Cookbooks that I use all the time. 
If you want one of your own, you should enter my cookbook giveaway!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I love pork, it's one of my favourite meats. This looks fantastic!!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Erin said...

This looks super delicious!!! I think I might devote a week some time to trying all of your recipes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home