This Page

has been moved to new address

Veggies and Dip: A New Way

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Veggies and Dip: A New Way

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Veggies and Dip: A New Way

I eat a LOT of veggies.  Whether you are on Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers or just trying to eat healthier, the idea of an UNLIMITED food choice is the best.  


One of my friends introduced me to this new recipe for veggie dip.  It's really just a different way to make it that tastes awesome.  I've been using plain yogurt for a while as a base, but I really think this is better!


First, you need your favorite dip mix (Mine lately is Hidden Valley Ranch's Harvest Dill - - Uh-mazing!).  This dip calls for 2 cups of sour cream, but I'm going to mix it up a little...



Now, here's where it gets creative.  No one REALLY likes fat free sour cream, but I'm asking you to buy it.  Buy it at Target if you can.  Their brand is less grainy than the others, if you ask me.  Also pick up a small container of reduced fat sour cream.  You'll need both kinds.



Add 1 1/2 cup of the fat free sour cream to your bowl.  Add another 1/2 cup of the reduced fat sour cream.  Mix in your dip mix.  Chill and enjoy with your favorite veggies.





Cucumbers are my standard go to.  Seriously, is there a more perfect vegetable for snacking?? I think not.  The past few times I've been to Whole Foods, I've been a little mesmerized by the Kohlrabi.  Usually, they're in big stalks that are quite intimidating, but during my recent visit, they had them loose where I could just try one of each color.


When I was young, I remember my babysitter used to have kohlrabi that she would slice and we would eat with Ranch dressing.  I literally haven't had it since I was in grade school.  I was super-picky way back when, so if I loved it then, I'd certainly love it now.


I peeled the "cabbage turnips" and sliced them into chip-like slices.  Ready to dip!


How do they taste?  They have a crispness similar to an apple and a flavor like cauliflower.  Seriously, I think they are cucumbers fraternal twin.  They don't look and taste anything alike, but they're both near and dear to my heart!


Try them if you see them.  I think the JUST became a new stable in my house.... Really tasty!


Question:  Have you tried KOHLRABI?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At December 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

LOVE the sounds of this dip!! Definitely going to give it a try this weekend :)

 
At December 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Love, love, love collarabi and I even use the greens in soup! Amazing veggie but to me tastes more like cabbage. Will have to try the dip as I usually just use a fat free ranch salad dressing for my dip. Having time to make dip is a dream of mine ;o) thanks for the idea Marion

 
At December 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Kim said...

I have never seen or heard of Kohlrabi. I'm heading to Whole Foods this weekend so I'm going to take a look. Thanks!

 
At December 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I just made this dip... AMAZING! I stupidly bought full fat cream cheese instead of reduced fat, but the Points+ are still more than manageable for me and it tastes great Kelly. Seriously, this could be one of the best dips I've ever had!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Hilary - So glad you liked it!! I'm loving it these days....

@Kim - Wondering if you found it. I went to a different WFM today and they didn't have any :(

@Marion - Always great ideas! I'm going to have to get the kind with greens this next go 'round!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home