This Page

has been moved to new address

Recovery from a Boot-tastrophe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Recovery from a Boot-tastrophe

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recovery from a Boot-tastrophe

Living in Colorado, I see boots around every corner.  Whether it's Ugg boots in the Summer with skirts or leggings with riding boots, they're EVERYWHERE.  


Frankly, I think they're this season's must-have accessory no matter where you live.

I'm part of what I believe to be a large population of women who struggle finding boots that fit properly.  I carry my excess weight in my bottom half so that means my hips, butt, and legs carry it all.  And... that means my calves are plentiful... Sigh.


Effortlessly fabulous... That's what boots bring to the table.
Until this year, I'd literally given up on boots.  Haven't tried them on in years because every time had been SUCH a disappointment.  And, it's sort of embarrassing... when you have an inch or two of space keeping you from closing the zipper.  UGH!

This year, I heard the most wonderful news... 

They make WIDE CALF BOOTS!!!  

Oh my goodness!!!  I can't even tell you how excited I was to hear this!  Knowing that I'd dropped some weight since the last attempt, I was SURE this was going to work. I tried a few pairs on at DSW with SUCCESS, and knew that I needed skinny jeans (did I just say that?) and I would be boot-worthy! 

I ordered the jeans online during a Black Friday sale from NY&C and placed an order for two different pairs of boots from DSW.com that were just AWESOME.  Both were listed as wide calf.  

The box o' boots arrived and I was SOOOOO excited to try them on.  Um, how about neither pair I ordered fit??? I literally wanted to cry.  How can my calves be too big for these beauties???


Determined to find some boots, I put on my skinny jeans and headed out to DSW to try on everything they had and return the jerky boots that refused to fit my calves.  

I found two pairs that worked for me, that may also work for any wide-calved sisters out there.  Check these out if you too are struggling with boots this season.

BareTraps Arrive Wedge Booties - - They're on major sale in-store this week!

White Mountain Good Day Boot - These ones weren't labeled wide calf, but worked! 
I've got two pair to get me started, which is awesome.  I still long for those riders though.  As part of my membership at the Y, I get to visit with a trainer next week.  You best believe we're going to be talking about how to slim the calves without bulking them up additionally...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 6, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Your boot choices are super cute. I've never ventured down Boot Alley for this reason - pretty sure none will fit, but I guess you don't know til you try. Not sure which part of VA you're venturing too (I currently live in Alexandria, VA), but we've been in the 60s for just about the entire month of November, and no *real* threat of snow at all.. so hopefully your time spent here will be snow-free!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Anonymous melissa said...

Zappos has a great selection too- they list out the circumferences in the description, just do a quickie measure ad viola! You'll know what will fit and what won't.

There is nothing suckier than trying to zip up the most fab boots in a store...then "zzziiiii" .... stopped in the middle of the zip. Nothing like that to make you feel like popeye with enormously large limbs!.

Love the furry ones above!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Hilary - My family lives in Richmond, so that's where I'll be! I hope it's warm! We had a snowy one last year...

@Melissa - I'm going to have to break down and measure them, I suppose! Thanks for the tip!!! LOLed at your Popeye reference, btw.... :)

 
At December 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous DebO said...

I have trouble finding boots to fit my calves. I think many of us are "beefier" in the area than we knew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home