This Page

has been moved to new address

Sushi Night and a Surprise Gift

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Sushi Night and a Surprise Gift

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sushi Night and a Surprise Gift

I'm very possibly the pickiest person on the planet.  I don't eat seafood, eggs; I'm not really into dairy.  I could live without cheese, and find most fruits to be foul.

Can you imagine how fun dinnertime was when I was as a kid?  Thank goodness I was adorable!


I mean, I did like the things that were GOOD - - Meatloaf, Kraft Mac and Cheese, tacos, cucumbers, and peanut butter sandwiches.  While that seems like enough to survive on then, I've expanded my palate quite a bit since then. 

Thankfully for my eating plan, I'm a pretty big veggie fan.  Otherwise, I'd be in TROUBLE.  I really don't know how people survive if they don't like vegetables.

On Friday night after work, I met up with my friend Robin for Sushi!  I looked at the menu for Happy Sumo before I committed to eating there.  As mentioned, I'm not into seafood... but I've LOOOOVED some garden veggie sushi in the past and ate an insane Rabbit Roll once.  

I decided to give Happy Sumo a go.... and I get it!  I understand why people love sushi!  I was totally craving it the next day!  It's addictive!  Here's what we had...

We started out with some yummy (and salty) edamame... Mmmmmm.
I also had a cucumber roll and avocado roll, made with soy paper - - YUM!
I ordered a side of steamed veggies too, and got this HUGE plate.
Robin got a Bento box and insisted on a pic too.
I also received a surprise gift!  Very unexpected.... but Robin brought me some fun, bright kitchen stuff!  Expect to see these guys in future recipe posts!!  Thanks, Robin!

How fun is this stuff???

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I actually pretty much hate the majority of vegetables. It's so sad and so hard to eat healthy when you have so few options of veggies that you like, which is why I loved that dip recipe you shared because it inspired quite a bit of raw broc and cauliflower consumption. But, I couldn't live without the stuff you hate :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home