This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Chicken Caesar Sandwich

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Chicken Caesar Sandwich

Friday, December 9, 2011

New Recipe: Chicken Caesar Sandwich

I know I talk about Pinterest a LOT, but it’s AWESOME, folks.  If you haven’t tried it yet, click here to check it out!

I spend a lot of time “pinning” things I want to try… and some of them are in the food family.  I found this one a few weeks back, and what I liked about it was that it was a SUPER-SIMPLE concept and something I could easily make for one.

CHICKEN CAESAR SANDWICH
Adapted from Cupcake Diaries via Pinterest
Makes 2 Sandwiches


INGREDIENTS:
1 chicken breast, thawed
Diced Onion
Chicken broth
2 Tbsp. Light Caesar dressing (I recommend Cardini’s Light Caesar)
Fresh Ground Pepper
Shredded Romaine
Sliced Grape Tomatoes
Wonder Wheat 80 Calorie Hamburger Bun

DIRECTIONS:
Place chicken breast in the crockpot.  Top with onions, and add a splash of chicken broth.



Cook until chicken begins to fall apart.  Remove from the crockpot and shred in a bowl using 2 forks.  Add Caesar dressing and fresh ground pepper to taste.  Stir.


Prepare your sandwich by layering lettuce, chicken, and tomatoes.  

ENJOY!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous NancyK said...

Love your take on the chicken sandwich! As for Pinterest, oh I spend WAY to much time on there! And the food pins always make me hungry!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Nancy - Nice to know I'm not the only one who's pinning away out there. I pin a lot of foods that I know I'll never eat... But I try to stick with the healthy ones or the ones I can make healthy. PB desserts do keep ending up on my boards though... Eeks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home