This Page

has been moved to new address

Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part II)

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part II)

After my fabulous adventures at the Sugarhouse Whole Foods on Friday and the delicious lunch I had, I couldn't get it out of my head.

It quickly became a later evening on Friday night, and I wanted dinner.  And there was only one thing that would be acceptable.

MORE GARDEN VEGETABLE SUSHI!

I went ahead and got 2 packages, as I'm pretty sure it's going to be a constant craving.

I went to the Boulder Pearl Street location, which I've never been to.  Um, there's something special about the Boulder Pearl Street Whole Foods Market - - It's about the size of a SuperTarget.  I have never seen such a thing! And, I can't wait to see it again!  
I had to be careful in there.  I have never seen so many gorgeous veggies and beautifully prepared foods. If I had toured the whole store, I'm sure I would have spent a fortune.  Here are a few things that I picked up:
Pretty, Pretty Heirlooms - ON SALE! 












I had a few recipes that I want to make this weekend.  I conveniently had a list of ingredients in my Blackberry, so I was ready to shop when I got to Whole Foods.  How about the Heirloom Salsa they had too???
Grilled Heirloom Tomato Salsa - Since I can't eat chips, 
I may have eaten this with a spoon.  No judgment!

Neither the Heirlooms (nor the salsa) were at all on my list, but I was able to pick up tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers for a gazpacho that I was planning to whip together








I also found a cool recipe for salad dressing on SkinnyTaste that I wanted to try that called for light mayo.  I haven't eaten mayo in months, so I knew I needed to pick some up.
$5.99 for Mayo?  
This mayo is something crazy.... how about $5.99 for a SMALL jar of light mayo??  I didn't feel like making a 3rd grocery stop today, so I sucked it up and just bought this mayo.  Apparently, it's eggless and vegan.  Don't care.  It better just taste good!  Stay tuned for a recipe including this gold-plated spread.

Because the garden vegetable sushi is my new favorite dish.... I took a few close-up pics so you can see what you're getting into if you try it.  The Colorado-made version of the sushi also had purple cabbage in it.  Yum!

Don't walk - RUN - and get yours now.
Topped with a smidge of the peanut sauce
I seriously can't wait to go back to the Boulder Whole Foods Market to investigate more.  I know there are MANY other undiscovered treasures in there, just waiting for me to find them.  


And, my spare package of sushi will be gone within the next few hours, so I'll need more of that too. 

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger "KT" said...

Vegetable sushi looks ridiculously good. Whole paycheck indeed. :(

 
At August 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

The sushi was $7.25, but worth every penny. Pretty sure I'm going to get more tomorrow. Must be careful not to expand to other purchases though... :)

 
At August 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks really good. How fun!!!!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Betsey said...

I do have to admit, after working at WFM Boulda for a year, I never tried this. I will have to try it on my next trip to Charleston. Also, if you had ever visited me when I worked there, I could have gotten you that delicious 'sushi' for $5.80...just sayin.

 
At August 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Betzi - True, true... Try it though! I love it. It's pretty simple and just veggies, but that's what I like. Picked it up at the Belmar Whole Foods, and it's just not the same as the Boulda WFM. And, not for $5.80, of course.... sigh

 
At August 30, 2011 at 5:07 AM , Anonymous aMbEr said...

What all is in the sushi? I want to try and make it because there are no WF near me.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Amber - it's got julienned carrots, cucumbers, avocados,and red cabbage. The wrapping is rice paper, and there's also leaf lattice wrapped around it. So, rice paper goes down first, then lettuce, then pile on your veggies. Good luck! I'm actually thinking about making my own too as it would be SO much cheaper!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous aMbEr said...

So is this considered a "free" food for us?

 
At August 30, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

It's not. Depends on how much avocado you use when you make it. The avocado as it comes per my JCC would be 1 fat. Also, because I'm at 1/2 way she suggested I count the rice paper as a starch. Check your packaging on that.... Not convinced on the starch.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous aMbEr said...

ok, well if I can find the ingredients, I might give it a whirl. What about the peanut sauce? That looked yummy! I had a friend tell me to pick some up from an Oriental store.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I got some peanut sauce at Whole Foods that is low-calorie, but beware with peanut sauce. Some have REALLY high calorie/fat stats. Good luck! Be sure to write me if you try to make them yourself.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous Beth said...

okay, so now you have me wanting to drive all the way to the cool springs WFM just for this sushi! with the twins it would be quite an adventure....!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Beth... Did you go??? I completely love that sushi. If you tried it, let a girl know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home