This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Garlic Mashed "Potatoes"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Garlic Mashed "Potatoes"

Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Recipe: Garlic Mashed "Potatoes"

I've heard about mashed cauliflower for years.  

"It tastes just like mashed potatoes."
"You can't tell the difference!"
"They're so good"

Regardless, I never believed these people.  

There was no way that this...




could turn into this.




As a mashed potato fanatic, I stand CORRECTED.

I continue to try to find new ways to enjoy vegetables.  I don't really even like cauliflower when it's cooked, but I have to tell you, I like this.

Now, before I post the recipe I used, I must tell you that there are a LOT of yummy sounding recipes out there.  That have a LOT more calories and cheese than I used.  Here is the recipe that I based mine on, but it's not even close to the ooey-gooey goodness described here.

Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Adapted from Food Network


1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
2 Tbsp. fat free chicken broth
1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese - Garlic and Herb Flavor
2 Garlic Cloves (roasted)
Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Chives



1.  Bring a stock pot full of water to a boil.  Add cauliflower and cook it for 6 minutes, or until well done.


2.  Strain cooked cauliflower.  Dry the cauliflower between several paper towels removing as much liquid as possible.


3.  Place cauliflower in a food processor and add broth, butter spray, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Turn on the food processor and be amazed.  It will produce a mashed potato-like consistency.  Taste the cauliflower for salt/pepper strength.  Add more as needed.



4.  Place the "potatoes" in a bowl and sprinkle with chives.  Enjoy!   


This was my dinner tonight, since today's choices weren't all they could be.  Really yummy.  Try it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Beth @ Beth's Journey said...

Mmmm I looove mashed cauliflower. It's just as satisfying to me as mashed potatoes and yet so much better for you. I usually do them with greek yogurt, salt, and some chives, and they are creamy and delish!

 
At November 20, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Blair said...

Definitely one of my favs! Some parmesan cheese is also good.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Tabatha Aikins said...

It looks very tasty. My husband once lived on a diet of mashed potatoes for 6 months when he had dental implants. Luckily for him, there are many recipes on the net, and I love cooking mashed potatoes. Despite swearing that he'd never eat potatoes again, he still can't resist my cooking, haha.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous DebO said...

I love all of your nice presentations of the food. Makes it so much more enjoyable!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Deb - - I always try to put it in a cute fiesta bowl or plate. Have to. Makes EVERYTHING taste better. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home