This Page

has been moved to new address

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Back to Life. Back to Reality.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

Since I'm back in Colorado, that means I'm back on my plan and back to normal.


Wow, that's so much easier said than done.  When you're eating and drinking all weekend and have to return to eating 1200 calories a day, it definitely feels strange.  And, it's not easy battling all that hunger!


Starting a new week and getting back on track can be a little more interesting when you try something new.  So, that's exactly what I did.  I tried THREE new things to get this week kicked off right!


NEW YUM-O "DINNER"
Did you know that Lean Cuisine makes appetizers??  And, that that one of them is Spinach and Artichoke Dip???  Whoa.... I had to try it!  



For 200 calories, you can have a tiny serving of spinach and artichoke dip with half of a pita.  Yep, I ate it!  AND, I liked it!




THANK YOU, STARBUCKS.  I ALMOST FORGIVE YOU.
I was so saddened to hear that my beloved Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha has been removed from the Starbucks menu.  I knew that all good things come to an end... and knew that the yummiest drink ever would soon be replaced by Xmas flavored drinks.  What I didn't expect was for this!




Yeeeeesssssssss!  I tried the Skinny Peppermint Mocha today.  Yes, I'll be back for more.  And for a skinny mocha as I'm assuming they'll make that too.  The more skinny flavors, the better Starbucks!


ON THE WAY TO THE GYM... THAT'S ME
We all know fitness is not my strong suit.  I'm saddened to share that I didn't work out AT ALL at Montelucia, despite good intentions.  We didn't even climb Camelback as the weather was crappy.

Last week, I did some research on a new gym.  I've found mine, and I tried it out for the first time!

Free Week's Pass that Expires Today - - Only used it once. :(
I chose the YMCA because it's super-close to my house (less than 5 minutes), and I think that will eliminate a lot of my usual excuses.  For now, I'm challenging myself to get to the gym THREE times a week.  Anything additional is BONUS.


I also got this guy in the mail today!  It's a Fitbit!  It's an awesome pedometer that monitors your activity and EVEN your sleep!  My company is doing a walking challenge until the end of the year.  By participating, you get this Fitbit.  I knew this was extra motivation I needed.  The "contest" begins next week... and I'm determined to have a strong showing!

Definitely a fresh start to the week after a weekend of poor eating and cocktails.  Excited to see what I can do this week and beyond!  I've said it before and I'll say it again... Let's do this!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 16, 2011 at 4:47 AM , Anonymous MizFit said...

YAY FOR NORMAL AND ROUTINE
at least thats the way I always feel...

:)

 
At November 16, 2011 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Andie said...

Awesome that your company bought the Fitbit for you! I love mine, and put it on the minute I wake up. If you ride a stationary bike at the gym, put it on your shoe laces instead of your hip, FYI, or it won't track those strides. I get a little goofy with mine - I've been known to walk in place to get over 10,000 steps if I'm close before bedtime.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Miz... Normal feels AWESOME!

@Andie... My company is doing some sort of testing of a new health plan/incentive with the FitBit. If I get to use it for even a while (not sure I get to keep it), I'm excited! Thanks for the tips, btw!

 
At November 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous mel b said...

Love your posts...

what I love is the food styling on the LC box and then the actual photo...HYSTERICAL! Made me laugh out loud! a literal lol!

Happy routining!

 
At November 16, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Mel B - - So glad you get my humor. I was thinking it was pretty funny, too. The styling's for you, my dear!

And... the additional reason I did it was to show the SUPER-TINYNESS of the serving. That's a REGULAR spoon. Seriously. TEENY TINY. But, tasty! :)

 
At November 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Mel B said...

Hahahaha! I didn't even notice the spoon! It's gargantuan next to the dip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home