This Page

has been moved to new address

The Walk of Shame

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: The Walk of Shame

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Walk of Shame

Our most recent snowstorm did a number the beautiful flowers I had planted this year.  Because I live in a townhome, I don’t have a traditional garden, but I try to maintain some prettiness via flower boxes and flower pots.  



The flowers I’d planted (Zinnias, Vincas, and a tall purple item) had been very hearty throughout the season, requiring very little water and attention thankfully.  However, it only took one round of snow to end their happy existence.

I decided to go to Target to get a small shovel to clean out the boxes before it gets too cold out.  I walked back to what I thought was still the garden section and I was met by Christmas Explosion!  It’s barely November… and Christmas decorations had taken over the entire section!

Determined that there might be at least one shovel in the mix… I carefully worked my way into the Holiday section.  PS… There were so many people in there!  Looking at wrapping paper and oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over lights.  I just shook my head in judgment… convinced it was too early for any of this nonsense.  I needed gardening items!

But then… I saw it.

Uh-Oh… I haven’t had a tree in like 8-10 years.  And, in front of me, on the 6th of November was the CUTEST Christmas tree...


A 6 ft. Pewter Tinsel Tree??  All for me???

As you can imagine, it quickly ended up in my cart.  I mean, since I loved it… this has to be a hot item that will vanish quickly.  I must buy it now (on the 6th of November).

Then, the walk of shame begins…. I still had other Targeting to complete.  

I'm that girl with a Xmas tree in her cart at the beginning of November
“Mommy, I want a Christmas tree,” a cute little lady says.  “No dear, it’s WAY too early for that.  Let’s get through Thanksgiving first.” says Mom.

“I can’t believe people are buying Christmas stuff already,” Man speaking to his wife and shaking his head in my direction.

Just shaking my head all the way through Target.  I've never shopped my list as fast as I managed to shop that day.  Checking out, I also tossed these guys on the belt… I’m all in apparently and it was only November 6th.



Question:  Are you in the Christmas spirit early?  Or are you a traditionalist who waits until after Thankgiving?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

I live in canada so thanksgiving is over but i did go and buy christmas lights on nov 3rd because the ones i wanted are a hot commodity and i didnt want them to be sold out (i just bought a house in june so i didnt have lights). That being said...theyre banished to the basement for a couple more weeks.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

My tree is already up and If I didnt promise my mother in law that I would let her decorate the house with me my entire house would be lit up and decorated!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

At least you're going to have a cute tree! On another note, I saw that Mariah Carey is the new spokesperson for JC - http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45225909/ns/today-today_health/#.TrvdA1aQxGQ

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually wait until after Rememberance Day (Nov. 11/11) to indulge in things associated with Christmas. However, I did buy urn arrangements and they are hiding in the garage till the weekend...and I'm listening to Christmas music on U.S. "all Christmas" music stations (I'm shameful)...but it makes me happy and if it makes you happy you should enjoy it! Marion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home