This Page

has been moved to new address

Weigh-In Update and Going Public

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Weigh-In Update and Going Public

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weigh-In Update and Going Public

I'm back on a regular schedule for weigh-ins and for consultations again.  And... I'm down again!


DOWN -0.4 LBS 

Not my BEST weigh-in, but at least I went down!  Now, it's just me and 21.6 lbs... I can do this.  I've got a crazy week this week, and I haven't really mentioned it to you guys yet.... but I'm going back.



I leave on Saturday morning for a quick getaway with my friend Donna to our VERY FAVORITE PLACE.  This is my SECOND trip there for the year, and THIRD overall.  I honestly never get sick of this place.  It's just that great.  Last time we were there, we met up with one of my co-workers.  He was telling us we should try one of the other spa resorts.... Nope.  I don't think I ever will.  I just love the Montelucia that much. 


I also am so appreciative of the fact I travel as much as I do for work... it makes trips like this totally possible.  Thanks, Frontier Early Returns miles, for sponsoring this trek to the desert!

Unfortunately, the weather will be a little cooler than normal when we're there.  Rather than being in the 80s like it was in the end of April, it will be a high of the 70s.  I'm not sure how much pool time we'll have, but I bet we bake in the sun a little - - just for funsies.  

The other thing that we're planning on is using the fitness facilities and working out a bit.  Donna tried to get me to climb Camelback Mountain last time we were there and I wasn't really up to it.  Considering that the pool time will be limited anyway, I MAY try to do it this time.  We'll see....

GOING PUBLIC
After writing yesterday's post about my first year on Jenny and after maintaining this blog for a whole year, I did something CRAZY.  I decided to post a link to my blog on Facebook.  Yep, I totally went public.  


For any of you who blog, you know what a big deal this is.  I had sent the link to a few of my close friends and even some of my family.... but I haven't really told many at work or elsewhere that I blog.  In the past, I'd worried about what people would think, but I've finally hit the point where I just don't care.  It's pretty stinkin' impressive to have lost 70 lbs... and I can't dwell on the fact that I had 70 lbs to lose. 

Here's the COOLEST part:  The response was AMAZING.  So warm and so inspiring.  I seriously expected one or two people to read it... and the rest to just go back to playing Farkle, but SO many people have stopped by.  I even got a few email from folks trying to lose who shared their struggle.  I feel so pleasantly surprised that this "little blog that could" could cause such a reaction.

While I've loved traveling this journey with so many of you who've found me online or via Jenny Craig, I'm super-excited that Chapter 2 (AKA Year 2) in this journey also includes navigating the world of weight-loss with some people from my real life.  It makes it all even more real and the accountability just jumped up significantly (which I need these days.)  


Whether it's your first time stopping by or your 101st, we're all in this together, and let's get SUPER healthy during year 2! 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your ability to go public and it will certainly put your accountability up a knotch to make it to goal. I still haven't had the courage to go public but celebrate with my family and close friends in my loss. All the best for your impending trip to Scottsdale (so jealous) and all the best for your coming 2nd year where goal will be just around the corner! Marion (a.k.a. dedicated follower of your blog)

 
At November 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Marion... You're always so kind! It was sort of scary... Puts you in a very vulnerable place. It was time though. Definitely time. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home