This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Balsamic Crockpot Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Balsamic Crockpot Chicken

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Recipe: Balsamic Crockpot Chicken

I spotted this week's recipe on Skinny Crockpot about a week ago.  The recipe itself comes from a fabulous Facebooker - - Dishing with Leslie.  Check them both out... Tons of delicious recipes that you will want to make - - I promise!


WHY I PICKED THIS DISH
As winter sets into Colorado, I know that warm, savory comfort food will be what I'm craving.  My favorite kind of comfort food comes from the crock.  




One of my favorite ways to eat pasta is to make it with a can of tomatoes, some onion, some garlic, and balsamic vinegar.  This recipe brought together all the goodness of my easy go-to recipe and added some tasty slow-cooked chicken.  Because I was cooking for just one, I only made 1/2 of the recipe below, and the quantities listed made it VERY easy to make just 1/2.




What's easier than throwing some ingredients in a crock in the morning and then having a tasty dinner waiting for you when you come home?  NOTHING.  I modified the original recipe slightly, removing the olive oil and adding slightly less vinegar.  Overall, it was REALLY delicious!!!




BALSAMIC CHICKEN





INGREDIENTS

2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
1/2 tsp thyme
1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)                 
4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
ground black pepper and salt to taste
2 oz. cooked pasta (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)


DIRECTIONS
Spray the bottom of crock pot with Pam cooking spray and place in chicken breasts. Add salt and pepper to each breast.  Put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves.  Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes. 

Measuring out one ounce of pasta
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over one ounce of cooked pasta.

PER ¼ RECIPE SERVING:  CALORIES 190; FAT 6g; PROTEIN 26g; CARB 5g; FIBER 1g; SODIUM 121mg


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 12, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Manatee's Headband said...

MMMMM!!! I'm making this tonight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home