This Page

has been moved to new address

WOW... It's Been a Month!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: WOW... It's Been a Month!

Monday, March 14, 2011

WOW... It's Been a Month!

, Well, friends and followers... it's been a month since I've blogged??  Geez, Louise... time to get back on it!


It's been a whirlwind month, so I'm certain that's part of it.  Weight loss has been SLOOOOOOOW.  Much of the reason is that I've been out of town nearly non-stop.  From annual company meetings (with buffets!), a California getaway, and traveling with my boss, I just haven't been able to escape restaurant ordering and cocktails.


I must admit, the cocktails have been nice,  but I'm really trying to buckle down now.  No more of the madness.  Need to get back on track!


Despite the craziness of the past month, there hasn't been a time that I've gained weight (phew!) and I've actually exercised more now than before.  So, some definite wins amongst the mess of travel.


I've recommitted myself for the next 6 weeks, as I'm determined to lose about 12 lbs before my Spa weekend in Scottsdale.  Keep in mind, I'll be rewarding myself a LITTLE bit early for my -56 lb reward, but I definitely want to get to Scottsdale before it starts hitting the triple digits (eeks!)






New favorite restaurant:  Seasons 52.  If you haven't tried it and you live near one, GO NOW!  The one I went to was in South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA.  Unfortunately, I don't have one near me where I live (or I'd probably be there now.)


The concept is that they have a seasonal menu with specials that change weekly.  The most amazing part is everything on their menu has LESS than 475 calories!!!  WOW... I had an amazing Indian-inspired skewers: "Spicy Tandoori Chicken Skewers with fresh mango chutney and cucumber herb raita and organic mixed greens salad."  Doesn't that sound heavenly??  AND... only 340 calories!  Woo hoo!  Seriously, I loved this place.  Find one and get there as soon as you can.


Trying New JC Items:  I have been trying to mix it up a little bit and try a few JC items that I haven't tried in the past.  Example:  Had the chicken sandwich for lunch.  Not sure why I've never tried that before - - delish!  Tried the mac and cheese last week (eh) and have a chocolate chip snack bar in the cupboard.  More excited am I about the new Pesto Pasta... come on, JC, I'm ready for that now!


Next Goal: I'm still trying to get to 40, but now it has greater significance.... my 4-year old nephew weighs 40 lbs!  I'm trying to lose a Hayden!  Hoping by next week I'll have lost him. 


I'm going to start blogging more often.  Next blog should be about learning to enjoy activity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home