This Page

has been moved to new address

Do-Over Day One + A Super Snack!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Do-Over Day One + A Super Snack!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Do-Over Day One + A Super Snack!

Day One... and I'm doing great!


Breakfast was my delicious JC Cinnamon Rolls and lunch was on-plan as well!  I had Panda Express' Panda Bowl with Broccoli Beef + Mixed Veggies (instead of rice) for 220 calories!  Score!  Dinner will be JC Mesquite Chicken in just a moment!


As usual, it's always better on Fiesta...
I LOVE that I so quickly fall back into my normal routine and eat well.  It really makes me realize that I can do maintenance.  I can do this!


Introduction of a Super Snack


I've got a product find for you today that you are going to LOOOOOVE.  Have you ever heard of Wasa Crackerbread?  




I had seen it, but never bought it before.  After a quick conversation with my friend Laurel, I knew I needed to try these!  She suggested pairing it with (gasp) Laughing Cow Cheese??  I was so in.


The crackers aren't addictive amazing like Wheat Thins or Kashi's Tasty Little Crackers, but they're REALLY GOOD.  The problem with those two other crackers is that I have ZERO control with them.  Oh, the days of sitting in front of the TV with a box of Wheat Thins.  Thank goodness those have passed!  These Wasa crackers are HUGE (like the size of a graham cracker) so you feel like you get to eat a lot.  And, the Crisp and Light variety is quite flaky and airy.  Yum-Yum!  


Tonight, I had them as a snack.  I had THREE Wasa Crisp and Light 7 Grain Crackers + 2 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (I chose Garlic and Herb + Queso Fresco.)  The Garlic and Herb was clearly the best!




I got these at my local Sunflower Market (think Whole Foods, but smaller), but I know that they have them at Kroger/King Soopers locations too.  Try them out and let me know what you think!


Question:  Do you have any super snacks?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

3 tablespoons Sabra roasted garlic hummus + broccoli = <3

 
At October 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had always loved those crackers with Laughing Cow spread on them - any of the Laughing Cow & Mini Babybel cheeses are favorites with me.

I'm hooked on Fage Greek yogurt (2%) - a 7 oz. container with 1/4 c. of walnuts chopped into it. The yogurt is super thick, so takes forever to eat, which makes me feel full. If you chop the walnuts small enough, they last the whole way through. The protein hit from the yogurt is great, too. I've finally managed to ween myself from only being able to eat this yogurt with sugary fruit mixed into it.

 
At November 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I'm weird about yogurt.... But I have 2 Greek yogurt containers in my fridge that I am going to make myself try before they expire. Maybe with walnuts will be the way I love them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home