This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Recipe: Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing

Like anyone else who tries to get their veggies in, I eat a LOT of salad.  I have a million dressings in my fridge (lite ranch, lite catalina, lite honey mustard, 5 different vinaigrettes, lite salsa ranch...)  You name it, I've got it.
A rare view of my fridge, and a glimpse at part of my collection o' dressings.
When you have this many dressings, what's one more?  

I found a recipe for a delicious Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing on Skinny Taste a few months ago that I wanted to try.  If you currently don't subscribe/follow Skinny Taste, why not???  She's brilliant!

Also, this dressing seemed to me to be a knock off of one of my favorite mexi-ranch style dressings that I find at Cafe Rio.  I was conservative with the jalepeno, and I recommend the same on your side.  You can always add more, but you can't take it out once it's in there.  


Doesn't it look pretty?
My ingredients... Thanks, Whole Foods

Tomatillos.... Mmmmm

You literally toss all the ingredients in a blender/food processor - - EASY!
And... you're done!

Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing
Makes 1 3/4 cups dressing

1/4 cup light mayonnaise (I used vegan, eggless)
1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 tomatillo, husks removed, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 scallion
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Combine in a blender or food processor - - Enjoy!

PER 1/4 CUP SERVING:  CALORIES 43.3; FAT 2.4g; PROTEIN 2.1g; CARB 3.7g; FIBER 0.3g  

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2022 at 8:42 PM , Anonymous Henry said...

Great post thhankyou

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home