This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: My First Gazpacho

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: My First Gazpacho

Monday, August 29, 2011

New Recipe: My First Gazpacho

I've had an obsession with tomatoes for a while now.  Heirlooms, Romas, Salsa, Pasta Sauce, Ketchup... I love them all.  

I found a recipe for Gazpacho recently in Real Simple magazine, and it just sounded so delicious.  So simple.  So fresh.  I tore the article out last month, and I'm finally trying it.  



One great part of the recipe, is that you just roughly chop your veggies...


And, then pop them all in the food processor.  EASY!  
I made a 1/2 batch to get me started but I so wish I had made the full recipe!


Once you puree all the ingredients...




the most beautifully fragrant puree is the result.


After some quick seasoning, it's ready to be refrigerated.


The recipe also calls for some finely chopped cucumber to use as a crunchy garnish - - Yum!








Gazpacho
From Real Simple Magazine (slightly modified)




Isn't it beautiful??  Let me assure you, it tastes equally beautiful.







2 pounds ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic
1 English cucumber, half coarsely chopped and half finely chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  1. In a blender, working in batches, puree the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and coarsely chopped cucumber.  Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil, vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black better.  Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour and up to 1 day.
  2. Top the gazpacho with the parsley and finely chopped cucumber.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home