This Page

has been moved to new address

Two New Products and a Near Fire

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Two New Products and a Near Fire

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Two New Products and a Near Fire

I tasted two delicious new items this week that I thought everyone might like:


SPOTTED AT SUBWAY
Has anyone tried these yet?


I found them in Subway in Spanish Fork, Utah.  Super TINY town, they had this and a new Oven Crisp Chicken Sandwich that I wanted to try but said NO to.


I've enjoyed their fresh apples slices for a long time, but sometimes I just want a CHIP.  (I'm chip-sessed, remember?)  And this is a GREAT alternative.  Crunchy dried apples!  A fruit serving and very chip-like. 


SNATCHED UP AT SUPERTARGET
I mentioned a few weeks back that I LOVE, LOVE the Crystal Light water packets.  Well, since getting into these little packets, I've been sampling new flavors.


FAVORITE:  Pure Lemonade
TASTY BUT HAS ISSUES:  Pomegranate Lemonade (turns my teeth red)
LEAST FAVORITE: Pure Strawberry Kiwi  (the small boy didn't like it either)


Well... I found a new flavor that you HAVE to try!  ANYONE INTERESTED IN A MARGARITA??




It's SOOOOO good, and so many fewer calories than a real marg.  I bet you could make them frosty, and I bet you could make them with (ahem) tequila... The back of the box actually has suggestions on how to add alcohol.  What a great idea from these companies though!  We use so many calories on margs, it's insane.  The brand above is Target's Market Pantry store brand.


ABOUT THE FIRE THAT ALMOST HAPPENED BUT DIDN'T, BUT WAS CLOSE
Not sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm NOT a morning person.  This week, I had an 8am flight out of Denver. On Monday mornings, this usually means mayhem.  Even with all my frequent traveler stuff, I detest the crowds and animosity that comes with Monday at the airport.  People are just grouchier (including me!)


So... picture it, 5:30am on Monday morning.  I'm awake and getting ready to walk out the door.  I have pulled a precious Diet Coke out of the fridge (because I NEED it when it's early like this) and I pop my JC Banana Nut Loaf into the microwave to defrost.  I'm going to defrost it and then slice it.  My plan is to munch on it in the car while listening to Wake Up with Taylor.  Sounds perfect!


Here's the B-Bread I Know and Love (BEFORE)
I quickly press 30 seconds on the microwave and head to my room to add last minute items to my bag and zip it up.  I do this a lot, but after a few minutes I realize that I didn't hear the microwave ding.


I walk into the kitchen and I see the microwave is still going and there's black smoke inside.  UH-OH.


Of course, I open up the microwave.  BAD IDEA.  It's so smelly and so smoky... I open the door to my outside patio and turn on the vent for the stove.  I know at this point that I am NOT in the mood for smoke alarms to go off...


RIP Little Loaf (AFTER)


Time check:  It's MAYBE 5:35 by this point.  And... what goes through my mind?  "Is this real life??"  I'm literally exhausted and befuddled by this point.  I grab a potholder and throw the bread on the porch.  Of course, I clean the microwave (removed burnt plastic) and defrost another banana loaf (I mean, a girl's gotta eat.)


ALL BEFORE 6AM.  SERIOUSLY.


Also, I swear I could smell burnt bananas for the next 24 hours.  I thought maybe the smell had attached to me or burned itself into my nose. So gross.  Don't let it happen to you.


MORAL of the STORY:  Be precise in your button pushing, or you could end up in a hot mess (literally).

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 19, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo my! Did you forget to take the wrapped off?? :) I usually take it off and put it on a plate.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I actually always leave the wrapper on, but I usually choose 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes. Eeks! Lesson learned for sure!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Katie said...

Re: Apple Chips

Have you heard of Brothers All Natural? They sell 10 different flavors of crunchy, freeze-dried fruit, no preservatives, sugar, fat, etc. Banana is my faaaaaave. They also have apple (plain or cinnamon) and it's great, too!

http://www.brothersallnatural.com/categories/Fruit-Crisps-%252d-The-100%25-Fruit-Snack/Brothers%252dAll%252dNatural-Fruit-Crisps/

 
At August 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I love your blog! I am also a "Jenny Craig". Try the raspberry green tea Crystal Light. It is very addictive! Thanks! Chris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home