This Page

has been moved to new address

Yoga Breakthrough

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Yoga Breakthrough

Monday, August 15, 2011

Yoga Breakthrough

Six classes in, and I'm starting to get it.  FINALLY.


I'm a Capricorn.  While perserverant, we don't mess around.  We're good at things.  It's what we do.  Yoga has been taunting me since I tried it a few weeks back. 

How can I be ok with the wobbliness I have as I stand in a pose that I can't pronounce? 

Through practice it should get better, but how long does that take?  I don't give up, but just want to do better at this and be successful.  We're kind of a serious bunch, and I'm no exception.

Well, Sunday night, something clicked.  I took a Yoga for Rejuvenation class at my Yoga studio in Denver.  I COMPLETELY LOVE this type of Yoga.  LO-OVE.  It's the kind of yoga I expected to be doing.  While I'm still sweating and a little bit wobbly, I feel the benefits of the class. 

I feel my mind clearing.
I feel my shoulders relaxing.
I feel my flexibility increasing.

I feel... stronger.

I don't claim to know what the instructor is talking about when she says to move into a pose, but I watch and I get there.  I don't mind modifying when I need to, and I'm working out my shakiness when it arrives.  I'm also starting to breathe those big breaths they've been talking about.

AND... I live for the final minutes of class. 

This´╗┐ is when you ground and center.  When you relax and prepare for what's to come.  When you are thankful you made the decision to come to class.

Tonight, I also found the Yoga Center in SLC that I was looking for last week.  I took a beginner's class that was just right.  And, I wish I had brought my camera.  The class had HUGE windows that overlooked the most gorgeous mountains.  Next time I go, I'll take pics. 

I'm going to sleep so well tonight, without a care in the world. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home