This Page

has been moved to new address

Yoga Breakthrough

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Yoga Breakthrough

Monday, August 15, 2011

Yoga Breakthrough

Six classes in, and I'm starting to get it.  FINALLY.


I'm a Capricorn.  While perserverant, we don't mess around.  We're good at things.  It's what we do.  Yoga has been taunting me since I tried it a few weeks back. 

How can I be ok with the wobbliness I have as I stand in a pose that I can't pronounce? 

Through practice it should get better, but how long does that take?  I don't give up, but just want to do better at this and be successful.  We're kind of a serious bunch, and I'm no exception.

Well, Sunday night, something clicked.  I took a Yoga for Rejuvenation class at my Yoga studio in Denver.  I COMPLETELY LOVE this type of Yoga.  LO-OVE.  It's the kind of yoga I expected to be doing.  While I'm still sweating and a little bit wobbly, I feel the benefits of the class. 

I feel my mind clearing.
I feel my shoulders relaxing.
I feel my flexibility increasing.

I feel... stronger.

I don't claim to know what the instructor is talking about when she says to move into a pose, but I watch and I get there.  I don't mind modifying when I need to, and I'm working out my shakiness when it arrives.  I'm also starting to breathe those big breaths they've been talking about.

AND... I live for the final minutes of class. 

This is when you ground and center.  When you relax and prepare for what's to come.  When you are thankful you made the decision to come to class.

Tonight, I also found the Yoga Center in SLC that I was looking for last week.  I took a beginner's class that was just right.  And, I wish I had brought my camera.  The class had HUGE windows that overlooked the most gorgeous mountains.  Next time I go, I'll take pics. 

I'm going to sleep so well tonight, without a care in the world. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home