This Page

has been moved to new address

Hello, Pinkberry. Very Nice to Meet You.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Hello, Pinkberry. Very Nice to Meet You.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hello, Pinkberry. Very Nice to Meet You.

Frozen Yogurt.   Fro-Yo.  Heaven in a cup.  Whatever you call it, I love it.  And, this afternoon, I had a chance to make a new frosty friend - Pinkberry.


Pinkberry has been tremendously popular.  All my peeps on the West coast love it and we have two in Denver that I'd never tried.  Well, today was the day (AKA... Splurge Day.)


I am a member of an alumnae group in the Denver area and responsible for planning all of our social outings.  So, what I usually do is pick somewhere I want to go, and plan our events around that.  The crazy part:  People come and usually love it! 


Today, we did a school supply drive for Denver children in need and I chose our local Pinkberry as a meeting spot.  PERFECT!  If you don't have Pinkberry near you, let me show you around.


It's just TOO cute in here!
LOTS of Fresh Fruit Toppings
Pinkberry is known for its tart flavors such as Original, Pomegranate, and Coconut.  Their flavors have a very yogurty taste, unlike the ice cream-like fro-yo I've grown accustomed to.  The good news:  They let you sample before you buy.


I REALLY wanted to like the watermelon flavor and load it up with fresh watermelon.  Yeah... not so much!  


The chocolate is the only option that they have that is non-tart, and let me tell you it's CHOCOLATE-Y GOOD!  As soon as I sampled it, I knew I was in.
Actual Frozen Concoction - Eaten by Yours Truly

So, I got a small... which had pretty good stats.  I also had her make it a SMALL small.  Like barely having any height is what I was looking for, alas... she made it bigger than I thought.  Oops!


Something cool about the toppings:  There's a little tag that shows you how many calories per scoop.  For example:  I got the crispy crepes which came in at 30 calories per scoop and the chocolate shavings which were 10 calories per scoop.  Pretty cool that the stats were right there.  Now, those dark chocolate crisps... I'm not sure, but they were heavenly.


I KNOW you could do Pinkberry better than I did, using the fruit and a Mini-sized tart yogurt.  But, let me assure you, the chocolate was so worth it. :)


I paired this Pinkberry with an hour of yoga tonight... No guilt, just a smile.  It also served as my abundant JC snack today. 

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

Yum Yum

 
At August 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Need to Get ME Back said...

I love frozen yogurt! Aka guilt free ice cream! I usually get cake batter flavor :)

 
At August 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

That sounds amazing, we don't have any around us that I know of :(

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Fat in Suburbia said...

Yum! Hopefully they are expanding and will be in our area someday!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Erin said...

That sounds absolutely delicious. I checked the store locator - nothing super close to me but I'm definitely keeping it in mind for the next time I wander into Boston!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Mela said...

I really love Fro-yo but have avoided it since joining JC. Now that I am doing some MOMO I may make it a weekend snack on my own! Sounds like a great way to end a date night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home