This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Roasted Broccoli

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Roasted Broccoli

Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Recipe: Roasted Broccoli

I feel like I keep running into people mentioning Roasted Broccoli.  Almost so much where it's like something's trying to tell me to try it!


So, tonight, I decided to jump in and try it out!


Now, the recipe I based this concoction on was by the Barefoot Contessa.  Notice I say that I BASED it on this recipe, but in normal NTTC fashion, there had to be some modifications.


Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli


Ingredients

  • 4 to 5 pounds broccoli
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
  • Good Pam olive oil spray
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
  • 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets. Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons a few sprays of Pam olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil. Serve hot.

It was so delicious!  I eat a lot of broccoli, but I've never eaten it like this!  I would also try it with the fresh basil and lemon juice, but I didn't have any to add. :)
I paired this yummy broccoli with the JC Chicken Carbonara.  Delish!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Genevieve said...

Oh that does look delightful. I may have to try that sometime. Thanks for sharing..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home