This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping Adventures... Definitely a NSV!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Shopping Adventures... Definitely a NSV!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shopping Adventures... Definitely a NSV!

I've been putting it off.  I usually can make it through a week looking acceptable, but I have a company meeting in a week in Nashville.  The event usually turns into a little of a fashion show for the ladies, and I must participate, of course.


New clothes.... that's what I needed.




So... last night, I decided to go out to see what fits and what I could put on this -30 lbs bod.  Well, first stop was New York and Company.  I knew I could definitely find some tops here, and was excited that their pants sizes went up to size 18.  So, arms filled with clothing (bright springy colors, I might add), I entered the dressing room.


BTW... the lady at NY&C was soooooo pushy toward the credit card.  Kinda irritated me.  I want a credit card so that I get the coupons, but certainly not from this lady... Hmmpf!


So... the tops looked great, but the pants... hmmmm.... there was a wide leg version that was slightly too tight that I could've worn, but it just seemed wrong.  Why buy clothes that don't fit?  When I'm that size, there is likely something else I'll want more.  So, I left the tight 18s behind and purchased a bunch of tops + some cute earrings.


I still need pants though, at this point.  So.... I decided to go back to my old standby... Lane Bryant.  Good news is they had pants that fit.  EVEN BETTER news is that my size dropped from a 20 to a 16 over the past few months!  BOOYA! 


Note the 18s at NY&C wouldn't fit, but the 16s at LB fit... no clue why, but I don't care.  Will just take it!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger the beasleys said...

I have TOTALLY experienced that!!! Lane Bryant clothes that you can wear in smaller sizes than department store clothes. And I hate being in that middle place - that no man's land between Lane and the rest of the world. I've hovered there for just over a year now, and I'm OVER IT! I want to shop at GAP! :-) Hope you don't mind, but I'm really enjoying your blog so much, I'm just reading it like a book!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

It's so bizarre how sizes vary..... Right now, I'm living "in between"... and honestly, I don't care what size I wear, I'm just looking for a good fit!

Glad you're enjoying!! It's memoirs of my little journey... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home