This Page

has been moved to new address

Week 28... Salads, Stairs, and Furniture... Oh My!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Week 28... Salads, Stairs, and Furniture... Oh My!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 28... Salads, Stairs, and Furniture... Oh My!

Pretty great week... No weigh-in this week, so I have to assume that I'm down -9 lbs (kidding).  I had travel into Salt Lake City on Sunday night + my boss traveling with me = no time to weigh in this week.


SALADS
My weeks on the road can sometimes be difficult, but this week was pretty solid!  I packed some of my ol' standby JC Rotini and Meatballs and JC Complete Start cereal.  I forgot to bring snacks this time around, but I still did pretty good.  I found a Rice Krispies Treat at the hotel's market - - SCORE!  The stats were solid and it was quite tasty! I also ate lots of McDonalds side salads with my favorite Lowfat Newman's Own Family Style Italian dressing.  


My boss is on a healthy eating kick and claimed not to have room for dinner, so I was able to skip dinners out with him and just eat in my room - - AWESOME!    Dinners out used to be fun, but if I can avoid a night out so I can eat healthy, that's preferred.  During the day, we did stop and have one of my favorite all-time salads - - Cafe Rio's Fire Grilled Chicken Salad.  I took a picture of it because it was so pretty and DELISH!  Now, I've confessed before that I can't do mexican very well, but I can definitely do Cafe Rio!  This is the only thing I've ever had here... so, it makes it easy.  New favorites rock!




HUGE salad, right?  I order it without the tortilla shell, no beans or rice, loaded up with pico (extra-extra), and with a small scoop of guacamole (they seriously have the best).  The grilled chicken is actually on the bottom, which is how they load up the salad.  It's so fresh and happy.  If you haven't been to Cafe Rio, get there soon.  So tasty!


STAIRS
I also worked out not ONCE, not TWICE, but THREE times this week.  I blogged about my reintroduction to the treadmill this week and went back a second time!  I have discovered though that I HAVE to work out in the morning and before 7:30pm.  That night I worked out in Idaho, I was awake until nearly 2am!  Too much energy!  Morning workouts from here on out...


TODAY, I did something different!  With my dear friend Kris, I tried walking at the local high school track.  We walked around the track 4 times for a full mile and then the fun began!  For some reason, I felt the urge to run the stairs a bit!  Kris and I went up and down the stairs six or seven times!  Loved this workout and will definitely have to go back and do this a few more times!


Three workouts in one week?  I hope this shows up on the scale tomorrow!!!  I also swung by my favorite shopping spot post-workout - - Super Target - - and picked up a few workout items.  Workout SHORTS (yes, I said shorts), some hand weights, and new socks!  Socks make a BIG difference in how your feet feel during a workout!  


BEFORE
FURNITURE
My favorite thing that happened this weekend was that I got new living room furniture!!  I'd had my previous furniture for 12 years.... and now, I am just in love with the room's new look.  See the before and after below!


I am sooooo happy to have a new look in my living room!  It does, however, make you think about re-doing other areas of your home which are EXPENSIVE thoughts!  


In case you're wondering, the new digs are from Arhaus Furniture and the couch is from the Garner collection.  LOVE LOVE this new look.


AFTER




OH MY!
I weigh in tomorrow morning bright and early, and I'm hoping for some great results.  Will also travel out to Idaho tomorrow night for a few days.  


I'll also be heading to Florida for a few days to visit my dad over the weekend.  I'll be sure to post some ocean pics upon my return!


Have a great week, JC'ers!  Let's lose some weight this week!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home