This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: My Favorite Spinach

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: My Favorite Spinach

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Recipe: My Favorite Spinach

Tonight, I ate the JC Salisbury Steak, but needed a little something more.  I thought I'd post my recipe for my favorite spinach dish that I made tonight.  It's a staple in my house, and oh so tasty!


Now, my old favorite spinach was probably some sort of decadent Creamed Spinach or Spinach and Artichoke dip... so, I came up with this recipe as an alternative and something I could enjoy that made me feel like I was splurging.  It's JC-friendly, of course.... as is everything I eat these days!


Cheesy Creamed Spinach


Saute diced onions and minced garlic in a frying pan sprayed with Pam Olive Oil.  Quantities are really up to you, but I like the tiny diced onion since they add some crunch and flavor.  I'm quite generous.  Hit the garlic/onion with a little bit of salt and pepper.  


When the onions are sort of clear, add the spinach to the pan.  I fill the ENTIRE pan, because it cooks down so much.  It's about 1/2 of a bag from the grocery store.  






Then, cook and stir until wilted up and done.  Again, you'll notice the volume go WAY down.  Transfer to a bowl and add a Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge.  Stir it around until the cheese melts and you'll have a fantastic treat!




Not the best picture, but you can see what happens, and in the final pic you should be able to see the onions and garlic. 


Enjoy!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger the beasleys said...

Hi! I'm brand new to Jenny (just finished day 2) but the spinach recipe sounds fabulous!! I love all of those things!! Can I ask - is that allowed on the plan? Can that be considered a vegetable plus something? Do you have to give up a snack to have that? Just wondering how it works. Thanks!!!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Per my JCC, one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese is considered a limited free. Spinach is unlimited.... you can eat as much as you'd like! Onions and garlic, too!

Best of luck with the program, and thanks for stopping by! :)

 
At April 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Linda said...

OH I am so going to make this tonight!

Is the wedge of Cheese considered a meat or not quite an oz?

Linda

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I've heard mixed reviews. Maybe two equals a protein? My JCC says it's limited free, however...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home