This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta

Monday, December 19, 2011

New Recipe: Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta

After a Sunday full of running errands, I still had to get to the gym!


I pulled up at the Y at about 6:15pm to find out that the gym closes at 7:00pm.  Oops!  So, I decided to get my elliptical on... and I did 30 minutes on the elliptical!  Usually, I do 20 minutes and then move to other machines.  Today, I decided to just push through and do a full 30 minutes.  I truly believe that 30 is the new 20... it felt GREAT!


When I got home, it was just after 7.  Dinner time!  Not because I was starving, but because I didn't want to eat super late.  I had bought ingredients for a new recipe while I was out running around early in the day, and I was excited to put it all together.


And.... the recipe had a secret ingredient...




WHAT DOESN'T TASTE BETTER WITH BACON???

The recipe also came from one of those Weight Watchers cookbooks I love so much.  The ones with just 5 ingredients and about a 15-minute cooktime.  I have several of them to work out of, and this time I picked an amazing recipe.  

It has to be good to be featured on the cover!
I decided to just make 1/2 of the recipe to try it out.  It was SO good!  The bacon, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes all added very flavorful bites that made me love it!  I hope you like it, too...
Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes
Serves 5

INGREDIENTS


8 ounces uncooked multigrain penne (such as Barilla Plus)
10-ounce jar of Light Alfredo sauce (such as Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil and cut into julienne strips
3 cloves roasted garlic, sliced (optional)
10 slices precooked bacon
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.

Measuring out 2 portions
2.  While pasta cooks, combine Alfredo sauce, roasted garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes in a saucepan.  Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated and tomatoes are juicy and plump.  


3.  While sauce cooks, microwave the bacon according to package directions.  Crumble bacon, and set aside.



4.  Combine cooked pasta and Alfredo sauce mixture in a large serving bowl.  Top with crumbled bacon, basil, and black pepper.



PER 1 CUP SERVING:  CALORIES 298; FAT 9g; PROTEIN 16g; CARB 38.5g; FIBER 4g; SODIUM 624mg

ENJOY!

Labels: ,