This Page

has been moved to new address

Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part I)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part I)

Friday, August 26, 2011

Whole Foods, You're My Hero (Part I)

I'm sort of in an eating rut.  Because I am out on sales calls most days, I have to find my own lunch. I eat a LOT of the same things over and over again:  Subway Veggie Delite sammie, Cafe Rio (highly modified) grilled chicken salad, and the Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich.  It's pretty much a rotation of these meals over and over again for my midday meal.

Today, I had a little extra time before my flight, and I got an idea to try this place out as a new lunch spot.  I always take my lunch to the airport when possible.  Airport eating is DANGEROUS.


I envisioned that Whole Foods would have a little veggie tray I could get or at minimum that I could raid their salad bar for some in-flight snacks.  I had no idea what a wonderful finds I would have.  I love the Sugarhouse area in SLC, and of course, I fell in love with their Whole Foods!





I've never really been a sushi fan, unless it's completely vegetarian.  Today, during my wandering, I found just that and it leapt into my cart!
Garden Vegetable Sushi
The contents of this "sushi" is as follows:  carrots, leaf lettuce, avocado, and cucumbers, all wrapped up in rice paper.  On the side, the genuises who made this also included tiny serving of peanut sauce.  I'd guess that little container hold about 1 1/2 Tbsp. of peanut sauce.  So, just a little bit to add a touch of flavor.  Mmmmmm!

In just moments, this dish looked like this....



I also picked up few cucumbers off the Whole Foods Salad bar to munch on with their zero oil balsalmic vinaigrette, which also vanished quickly. 


AND... I grabbed a container of grapes as a secondary snack. 




What a great experience, and what a great choice for a pre-flight lunch.  Move over, Subway!  You've got some new competition.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

LOVE whole foods...closest one is 30 minutes away though so I don't go often :( BUT my new roomie works there so I can get a discount on things if I want them!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

How nice to have a DISCOUNT! I need that!!! We have them around every corner, it seems... danger! danger!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home