This Page

has been moved to new address

Emotions Rise.... Disappointment Sets In

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Emotions Rise.... Disappointment Sets In

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Emotions Rise.... Disappointment Sets In

This afternoon was tough.  I think this is my first official weight loss challenge.  Well, maybe the travel thing was a challenge, but this is harder.  And, I've got to figure it out.


I'm going home for Xmas.


Going home for Xmas in my family means food.  Good food and lots of it.  I had already decided that I would do JC the entire time I was home, with one meal off on Christmas Eve for a delicious italian meal my sister in law was making.


I won't drink wine.  I won't stuff my face with cookies.  I'm going to behave.... that's just how this holiday needs to go  I've waited way too long to be successful at weight loss to blow it on 5 random days home.


I thought the family was on my side for this holiday, but now they are suggesting that they have made a healthy menu for the week.  "Turkey... you can eat the white meat." and "Everything you eat has to be frozen??" comments came out today.  This is so freaking hard.




Do I want to eat turkey???  Damn skippy, I do.  Do I want to eat pasta and meat?  Yep.  But eating this way for years has gotten me into this predicament (see picture at right).  I have to just choose wisely for me.  I just have to.... I don't want to spiral down and find myself with gingerbread in hand.


I had this all planned.  I'm not sure when the game changed.  Makes me crazy.  Makes me not want to go, almost.  I stress the almost.  Of course, I want to see the fam, but gosh.... I just can't eat like they do.  I just can't.  Not this year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home