This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: KG's Chicken Amore with Roasted Green Beans

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: KG's Chicken Amore with Roasted Green Beans

Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Recipe: KG's Chicken Amore with Roasted Green Beans

I spent Valentine's Day alone, and chose to celebrate with a delicious home-cooked meal.  I think personally-prepared meals can be quite romantic, when you have a plus one. So why not make the same yummy dish when it's just for one?

I hear a lot of people say that they can't cook for just one.  Um, I completely disagree.  Recipes can be cut in half or cut in 4ths fairly easily.  Hungry Girl recipes are some of my favorites, as she often has the recipes prepared for one or two servings, which makes it sooooo easy (less math.)

I actually caught an episode the Hungry Girl cooking show on Food Network this weekend, and HG's fancy Valentine's meal inspired me to create my own version of her HG's Chicken Amore.  I didn't plan ahead, so I just did my best with what I had in my fridge.  It actually was quite delish!

I can imagine there's MANY other combinations that I can come up with to make stuffed chicken... I'll keep you posted!

KG's Chicken Amore with Roasted Green Beans
Inspired by HG's Chicken Amore
Serves 1



INGREDIENTS
1 chicken breast
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese
1 piece of roasted red pepper
1 small handful of fresh spinach
2 cloves roasted garlic
salt
pepper
cooking spray

1 small bag green beans
several cloves roasted garlic
cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place one boneless skinless chicken breast in a Ziploc sandwich bag, removing excess air.



2.  Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer to a create a thin piece of meat.


3.  Top chicken with one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese, spread evenly over the chicken.  I used the Garlic and Herb flavor (of course.)


4.  Load the chicken up with fresh spinach, peppers, and garlic.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.


5.  Roll this chicken up, and secure with toothpicks.  Place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. 


6.  Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.  Spread out green beans and spray with more cooking spray.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Add some roasted garlic cloves, if you choose.


7.  Bake both dishes at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  Watch the beans to make sure they don't get overly brown.

Yep, I made that!

Roasted green beans have become my favorite... Sometimes, I pretend they're fries. 
Doesn't that look amazing???  There was NONE left.

ENJOY!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Jill A said...

This looks so good I Pinned it onto one of my boards so I wouldn't forget to make it! Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

YUMMMMM! I need to make this asap!! :) Thanks for the recipe!

 
At February 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake said...

Oh my, that looks so good. I'm definately gonna have to try this.

I think you can cook creatively for one. A big part of my weight loss journey was cooking for one while I was studying for my undergraduate degree at university. I made curries, chillies, pasta, bakes, soups, you name it. You can always make double portions and freeze them x

 
At February 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Mmmmm delicious looking

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home