This Page

has been moved to new address

Me Against the Treadmill

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Me Against the Treadmill

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Me Against the Treadmill

This morning, I got a wake up call that I didn't really expect.  A phone call that no one wants to get at 3:59am.


The good news is that the police went out to check on my place, and there was no sign of entry.  Apparently, Colorado is having yet another one of our SUPER windy days, which sometimes can set off alarms and blow open doors and such.

The bad news is that once I woke up, there was no going back to sleep.

I laid there for a few hours.  I checked my Twitter and FB accounts, reviewed email, and finally got myself out of bed.  Ugh.  It's going to be a long day.  PS.. Do you know there's a new NTTC Facebook page??  Click here to "Like" it!

After some brief laptop work, I decided that since I was up I should probably hit the workout room here at the hotel.  While there are a lot of people who work out in the mornings, I am not one of those people.  I like to wake up naturally... and not be stunned by sweat and loud music from my iPod.

When I got downstairs there were plenty of people and just one treadmill available for my use.  I remember that treadmill... it's where the infamous workout injury took place.  Keep in mind, this workout room is just plain dangerous.  Monday night, I was flung from the treadmill... sort of like a slingshot I flew to the ground.  AWESOME. (Not awesome at all.)

I'm stil trying to get myself in shape for the 5K in June, so I decided I would do a short workout this morning from a time commitment yet high intensity.  Couch to 5K was my workout of choice.

Keep in mind, this is where I'm running.
This morning, my breathing was my biggest challenge.  We all know that the Mile High City has me at least 5,280 feet above sea level, but here in SLC surprisingly I'm just at 4300.  It felt like I was at about 11,000.  So hard.  My legs can handle the running, but my lung capacity really needs to build up if I'm going to be able to run Jodi's Race in June.

Repetition and training will get me there, I feel confident.  This morning there was a lot of crazy out loud self-talk too... "Come on!"  "You Can Do This."  It took every bit of verbal encouragement to get me through it.

That and Stronger by Kelly Clarkson... once again when I was thinking I'd just walk the last interval, the song came on my iPod....


AND... I WAS RUNNING!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to stick with it Kelly! That couch will look smaller as you run further and further away from it! Marion

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Erin said...

C25K will totally get you feeling ready in no time! I admit I never actually made it all the way through the program, but while I was consistently doing it I was amazed at my progress, it seriously works!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

definitely love the stronger song :) I see a little transformation here on NTTC. Is there going to be an announcement soon??? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home