This Page

has been moved to new address

FMM: Travel

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: FMM: Travel

Monday, February 20, 2012

FMM: Travel

If you read my blog much, you may have noticed that I travel pretty often so you probably aren’t surprised that today’s topic is travel.

Today has been a record travel day.  I arrived at the airport ON TIME (early even!), lines were fast, my bag was under 50 lbs, and people are actually friendly!  Best travel day ever, even if my alarm went off at 4:40am!


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Travel

1.  Where did your most recent trip take you?  My last trip happily brought me home from Salt Lake City on Friday, and I'm actually heading back there this morning.  I really should take up residency in Utah somehow...


2.  Is there a place that you’d like to visit that you haven’t yet?  If so, where?  Greece is on the list, as is Spain.  I'd like to do some serious travel in the Caribbean as well - - Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, Jamaica, Bermuda (that may be more Atlantic), St. Thomas, St. John... all are targeted for future vacations!



3.  Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible?  Negative on the light bags.  I travel pretty heavily.  Like Kenz, I checked in this morning with 46.2 lbs of luggage.

4.  Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel? If so, how?  Because I travel about three weeks a month, I'd say my eating and exercise habits change when I'm at home and have access to a refrigerator full of food and a stove!  I really try to stay on program when I'm on the road, and do my best to get to the hotel gym on each trip.  Here's some of my best travel tips for eating healthy, and where to find healthy snack options in the airport.  Avoid the temptations!  You can do it!

5.  Tell us about a place you’ve been that you’d like to go back to.  The Caribbean.  I just love how beautiful the water is down there.  I literally felt like I was swimming in a screensaver.  I long for that feeling again.

6.  Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year?  Well, there's a few times of year I wish I could avoid:  1 - The holidays and 2 - Spring break.  Spring break through Denver and/or Salt Lake City are brutal.  Lots of people with skis and no clue where they are going.  For a frequent traveler, it slows me down...

7.  If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains?  I live near the mountains, so I choose beach EVERY TIME.

Turks and Caicos... Also on the list!
8.  Have you ever needed a passport to travel?  Yep, I have one and it's ready for a trip at any moment!  I've been to Europe a few times + the Dominican Republic.

9.  Do you collect anything in your travels?  Just frequent flier miles, and LOTS of them! :)

10.  Where do you plan to go next?  I fly to SLC this morning, and next week is Missoula, Montana.  The following week, I'll be in Vegas.

They're all work trips, but guess which one I'm looking most forward to??

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Cat said...

"Swimming in a screensaver". I've been searching for the perfect way to describe the beaches in the Bahamas since we went last year. You nailed it. Thank you! lol

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Amber said...

Looking forward to exploring your blog further. Stopping in from FMM. www.learningtolovethegym.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Kris said...

Swimming in a screensaver? I have GOT to try that! A hot winter vacation is on our list for once our oldest is old enough to leave with his brothers... another 3 or so years. :)

We're headed for Vegas in May (first time for hubby, third time for me) - can't wait!!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Carina said...

Came by from FMM. I was in Missoula for work for a while and if you are looking for a good workout there, run (or walk!) up to the M. I started off running, but was walking by the end. It's a cool view of the city and a FABULOUS workout!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I'd love to go to the Caribbean, all the islands look like paradise!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Those clear blue waters of the Caribbean are certainly something I want to see one day. Now, if I can just get past the flying part :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home