This Page

has been moved to new address

A New Device

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: A New Device

Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Device

So.. guess who activated her new iPhone 4s tonight?  Yep... this girl!  




It's so exciting to set up a new phone, but my goodness, it takes so much time!  Setting up the email, downloading the contacts, adding in all the apps I like.. setting the ringtones, new voice mail messages, trying out new bookmarks.... 


I've carried a Blackberry for YEARS, so a move to a full touchscreen device is a big deal.  It's company-issued, so I'm excited to try it out and see what all this hype is about.  I'll confess though, my favorite part about moving to iPhone is that there are SO MANY cute accessories out there.  I have a slight accessory problem, and iPhone as a result is my kind of phone!  




Today, I made sure to get it protected before I got it all set up.  I visited a Verizon store to have screen protectors put on the device + I bought this cute case.  It's not the most rugged of cases, but I spotted this polka dot case months ago and just had to have it!!  My guess is that this is my first case, but most certainly not my last... 


Now that I'm iPhone-official, I've also went ahead and downloaded some of my favorite apps.  


Facebook
Twitter
My Fitness Pal
Sirius XM
Jenny Craig Dining Out Guide
Skype

What am I missing?  I'm new to the iPhone world and I know that many of you use this thing a LOT.  What must-have apps are out there that I need to add?  I'm looking for those that will make my life easier (of course) and those that will aid my weight loss process.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

I use an RSS reader to read all my favorite blogs (such as this one!) If you have an ereader, get the app for your phone so you can read while waiting as we often have to do. You can also get apps for your favorite grocery stores.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh how I can't live without my iPhone.

-If you are going to miss BBM, check out WhatsApp, you can text message with people (but through data instead of texts) who also have the app, available on blackberrys, androids, iPhones, and I'm not sure what else

-Waterlogged - cool app to track how much water you drink, I like the graphs it makes

-For pictures Gorillacam and Instagram - Gorillacam lets you take pictures on a time, and Instagram just makes them look awesome

-Words free if you like playing scrabble...just warning that it can become addictive. Connect it to your facebook account and see which of your friends are playing

-I love real estate so I'm a big fan of the Zillow and Redfin apps

-Pandora app is great if you want to make a customized workout station (I made one off of "Pump up the jam")

-Shazam...I love this app so much. It identifies and tags a song if you hear something playing on the radio, on tv, in a movie, in a bar, etc, and you want to know what it is

-Cardstar - if you carry a lot of cards around with you (like shopping rewards cards and gym membership cards, etc), you can enter in the number or take a picture of the barcode and it will automatically generate an electronic version of your card. I use this weekly for grocery shopping with my Stop & Shop card and cashiers are always so impressed.

Happy iPhoning!!!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger NancyK said...

Angry Birds. That won't make you more efficient but is a good diversion when you want to reach for a snack!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous shawnessy/greendiva said...

Runkeeper is a fun app - once you get back on the trails this spring, you'll be able to track your distance, time, avg speed, etc. It's a fun app even if you're not a runner or serious outdoor exerciser.
I'll have to check out the Cardkeeper app that the poster above mentioned. Enjoy your new phone!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Tim said...

All of the above. I also downloaded a FirstAid app because you never know when you might come across a situation when you might need it!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love my apps OMG!!

Starbucks app (Customize your own low cal drinks)
Bejeweled Blitz
Spark Recipies (Amazing recipies for any dietary needs)
iMapMyRun app, probably like Runkeeper?
Pedometer app for walks to map and tell me how far and at what pace I walked
Nike Training app has a bunch at home workouts
Jillian Michaels Slim-Down
Hey Tell is cool if you have someone else that uses it, like voice text messages
HomeBudget app... The name says it all
Craigs List
Songify... Its freakin hilarious
Netflix if you have an account
Camera +, good for editing photos as well as Instigram, Photobucket and I like Pic Stitch for before and after photos

I really love MyfitnessPal too!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous Tammy said...

I love my iPhone!

Hey Tell is awesome to leave voice text.

Dragon Dictation is cool -just record, talk and then send in text or email...I use it when I am too lazy to type my text.

IMDB (Internet Movie Database) - I use it almost everyday.

Fandango - to look up movies

The Weather Channel

Glympse - I can send anyone an email and they can track me as I make commute home.

Track Weight

Many great apps, have fun with your new toy.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM , Blogger mama.on.the.move said...

everything people have said above, plus an app called blogger. so you can blog while on the road!!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

AWESOME suggestions, folks!!! I have downloaded a LOT of these due to your suggestions! Can't wait to try them!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I think Pinterest has an app specific for the iPhone if I remember correctly. If you use redbox they have an iPhone app. What about one for your bank? I also love Mint (I only have the iPad so I'm not sure if that's on the iPhone... I'm sure it is if it's on the iPad tho).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home