This Page

has been moved to new address

WOW: Workout Wednesday - Week Two

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: WOW: Workout Wednesday - Week Two

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WOW: Workout Wednesday - Week Two

Before I get into all of my workout details this week, I thought I'd share something fabulous that should make your mouth water.  


This was my dinner tonight.  Ohhhhhh, yeah....


How delicious does this look?  I used the leftovers from my Hoisin-Lime Pork Lettuce Wraps to make a big salad for dinner tonight. I made a bed of lettuce from the leftover boston bibb lettuce and then added the leftover cabbage mixture, pork, sauce, and topped it with a few peanuts.  SO GOOD!


I also have to say thanks to my sister-in-law Beth who's making a lot of these recipes along side of me (even if halfway across the country.)  It's so nice to have a heads up on what she's tried that's good!  Yum-O!!


Ok... let's get down to business.  


WORKOUT WEDNESDAY - WEEK 2


When we talked workouts a week ago, I was on a ROLL!  Here's how week 2 looked:


Wednesday, January 11:  This was a tough day for me.  I worked out in the gym, completing 30 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the treadmill.  I also injured myself for the first time during a 60-second running interval, hurting my hip flexor.  OUCH!


Thursday, January 12:  Much needed day of rest.  My hip felt better, but I didn't want to push it.


Friday, January 13:  I traveled home from Salt Lake City and hit the gym for a light workout.  I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and some strength training (core & arms).  Honestly, I was really nervous to do anything more.  I didn't want to get hurt to the point where I wouldn't be able to work out or where I used it as an excuse.  30 minutes is better than no minutes, I always say....


Saturday, January 14:  Day off.  Excuses kept me from the gym today.  Plain and simple.  I justified the day off by saying that I deserved the day off because it was Saturday and I was tired.  Oh yeah, and that hip needed to heal.  Lies!
(Source)
Sunday, January 15:  It took me half the day to get there, but I made it back to the gym on Sunday.  And, climbed on the elliptical for the first time post-injury.  My 20-minute workout was quickly expanded to 30 minutes on the elliptical, and it felt great!  I also added in strength training (core & arms.)  


Monday, January 16:  First, let me tell you, it was SNOWING outside.  There is NOTHING worse than when it's snowing on the way to the gym.  For me, I just want to go home and sit by the fire.  Not trek through the snow to the entrance.  Once I got inside, I quickly snagged the last elliptical and started working out.  


This was the BEST WORKOUT OF THE WEEK!  


I'd like to thank Entertainment Tonight's Golden Globe fashion coverage...

Sofia Vergara was DEFINITELY my choice for Best Dressed.  GORGEOUS!



And.. Betty White's 90th Birthday Party for getting me through this workout.


Watching the Globe fashion coverage made the first 25 minutes go by quickly, and then Betty's Birthday Tribute was just so funny that I didn't want to leave the elliptical!  (I was literally LOL'ing.  Yep, I was that girl!) How about I continued for a full 40 minutes on the elliptical??  A NEW RECORD!!!  I finished up the workout with strength training (arms & core) before I headed home.


Tuesday, January 17:  Another day off.  I was supposed to have dinner with a friend on Tuesday night and we ended up canceling due to an iPad tragedy.  I had tons of work to do, so I decided to stay in.  


Quick PSA:  Apple products need protection against loss, (especially) theft, and (tonight) damage - - Seriously!  Don't let this happen to you!  Take it from me, there's nothing more stressful than looking down at your precious device and having its beautiful screen cracked.  Make sure you have a back-up plan for this... you'll thank me later.



Year-to-Date Workout Stats
I really can't complain about this week of workouts.  The only day I regret was Saturday, but I made up for it on other days.  My workout stats are still in the green and will continue to be in the upcoming week!

Work Out Days: 12
Lazy Days: 5

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Blogger mama.on.the.move said...

ooh that meal looks good!!! i think its lunch time :p great effort on your workouts!!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Aww bummer to hear about the iPad

 
At January 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM , Anonymous Mama Zee said...

Woohoo for the workouts!

That snow was awful. It came out of no where. Well, for me it did. I was expecting a perfectly lovely weekend.

I don't take my iPad anywhere for fear of theft. Knowing it's not indestructible makes me want to crawl into a corner.

 
At January 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous greendiva / shawnessy said...

Ahhh having a tv right on your gym machine is the best! Before I had cable tv, that was how I got myself to the gym: to gorge on House Hunters, the Little Couple and, well, anything on HGTV! Great workouts!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

that is one of my favorite cartoons! lol

do you ever read when on the elliptical? I always take a magazine with me and that helps time fly. I also try to hit the gym when I know there's a show on I want to watch.. so that helps pass the time too.

Though I've thought about taking the ipad (love this idea for catching up on the blogs by the way - thank you for that!).. I'm just nervous that it might fall off, even tho the elliptical I use seems pretty stable? We have a great insurance plan for ours (purchased outside of Apple because it offered more and better coverage)... but still, I don't want to use it if I don't have to!

Great job this week Kelly!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome workouts! Rock it out, and how could you want to turn away from that doll Betty White? So funny.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I love it when my whole attention is on the TV and i forget i'm working out. If the football (soccer) is on then I can workout for hours and not realise it.

I saw some of the Golden Globes because I wanted to see what Ricky Gervais was like this year. He was funny but not as good as last, in my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home