This Page

has been moved to new address

Just Read: One Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Just Read: One Day

Monday, October 17, 2011

Just Read: One Day

Also on my quiet weekend, I decided to read a book.  The.  Whole.  Thing.


After my bizarre massage on Friday night, I came home and enjoyed a delicious JC dinner and caught up on my DVR.  I usually have HOURS of shows to watch, but since I was home all week I only had some embarrassingly fabulous reality shows to watch.  


Since I was all relaxed, I decided to take it a step further and go for a swim in my tub with a good book.




I downloaded One Day by David Nicholls to my Nook a few months back when the movie had come out.  I love a good RomCom, but decided to postpone seeing the movie until I had read the book.  Well, months later, I decided it was time.


On my To See list now!
And... I'm glad I did!  It was REALLY good.  The author writes the story based upon one day in the lives of the characters - July 15 - and covers the story of their lives for about 20 years.  Two friends with great chemistry and on-again off-again availability, Dex and Em (Em and Dex) are the main characters who you grow to adore more every page you turn.  


I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, so I'll just say, if you're looking for something new to read - - try this one!  


I was about 20 pages into it before Friday night and sadly finished it this morning at about 10:30am.  Sad only because my time with Dex and Em had expired.


Now, I need to see the movie.  Has anyone seen it??

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen it... a very good movie.

Last weekend I read a book like that; that I was sad it came to an end. It is called "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson. It is also a movie but I have not seen it yet, but looking forward too sometime.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Carbie Girl said...

NICE :0) I had just started getting familiar again with my kindle over the last few weeks when my boyfriend stepped on it and broke it :0( In attempts to make ammends he gave me his android phone to download the app and read my books there until he could replace it. I'll have to check out this book you speak of next :0)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will def have to check that book out!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

You ladies will have to let me know what you think. I didn't want to give too much away at all, but I really liked it! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home