This Page

has been moved to new address

Married in the Mountains

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Married in the Mountains

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Married in the Mountains

I'm finally catching up on my blogging this weekend.  I can't just let the weekend go by without telling you about the awesome wedding I went to on Wednesday night!


Driving Up to Estes, I had to stop and take a few pics
Such a beautiful day for a wedding
I looooooove getting up in the mountains, and they picked the MOST beautiful spot for their ceremony.  If you've never been to Estes Park, Colorado, it's the home of Rocky Mountain National Park and the Stanley Hotel!

This guy was RIGHT on the side of the road as I was driving through Estes.  So crazy!
There's the beautiful Stanley, off in the distance
Not the bride and groom, but appropriate that they had these "scarecrows" out front
I'd toured the Stanley many times with visitors that come to town.  It is most famous for being the haunted inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining".  




This was my first time to attend a wedding here though, and definitely the first time I'd ever spent the night!  I stayed in a "Historic Double" room, which was the size of a postage stamp.  I also had weird ghost dreams.  Seriously.



My TINY Room

AND... When I first checked in, the ghost tour was on my floor.  I've been on that tour.  They end with the MOST HAUNTED ROOM in the hotel.  Yep, that was my floor, and possibly the reason for my nightmares scary dreams.


I tried so hard to get a good pic of my dress, but honestly, I'm TERRIBLE at taking my own pic.  Here's my best attempt... Ha!  White House Black Market again was my store of choice... 


I didn't get many pics during the ceremony and reception, but I did get a pic of me with the bride during the reception.  I've mentioned Robin before as a fan of my shopping posts, but I'll also share that she was a HUGE inspiration for me to get on board and lose weight once and for all!  Robin has an AMAZING weight loss story as well, and you can see below how fabulously skinny she's gotten.  What a gorgeous bride!


A gorgeous setting, a happy couple, and a super-fun night - - Congratulations to Robin and Mike!



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 15, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Blair said...

You look fabulous in your new dress.

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Both of you ladies look fantastic! Sounds like an awesome time

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home