This Page

has been moved to new address

Success and a SCALE

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Success and a SCALE

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Success and a SCALE

This week for work, I had a chance to travel to Catalina Island for a work trip.  Honestly, I sorta was dreading it... lots of long days and work.  Not exactly a vacation. 




On the contrary, I had an amazing time!  It was so nice to get away, and it's great to be near the ocean.  I loved it.

I also had a pretty big breakthrough when I was there.  So, my team was there to also do a team builder.  OF COURSE, they chose ziplining.  I didn't really know what that was... I'd seen my niece and nephew do it at Winter Park in the summer, but it was very similar to monkey bars.... but you zipped.

My boss tells us that we have to wear tennis shoes and slacks, and that there's a weight limit:  245 lbs.  He continues to tell us that we will be weighed before they let us get on.  I immediately (internally) freak out.  I mean, I'll have to be on a scale in front of people.  If I have to weigh in publicly, I'll pretend to be afraid of heights and decline.  The other thing I realized.... is that I'm not OVER the weight limit anymore!!!  This was GREAT news.  Interestingly, when I weighed in, I was 244 lbs (um, clearly a misrepresenting scale, as I am soooo 241 at that point.)  SUCCESS though!  I'm in.  Without my decision to do JC, this could have been brutally embarrassing.  Like the kind that you never recover from...

So, when I got to the top all geared up, I was TERRIBLY nervous.  I'm not nuts about heights and I'm definitely not a thrill seeker.  After a few tears and a quick comedy act (my defense mechanism in super stressful situations,)  I jumped.... and did it again for a total of 5 times!  Phew! 

This pic was taken by a co-worker as I "zipped" across above 300 feet.  I'm so glad he took the pic so that I have it.  I'm so grateful, as it's a little weight loss trophy I have. 


I can't say that I loved Ziplining.... but I can tell you I LOVE that I was able to do it, and that I did it!  Yay, ME!  Cheers to the new me, that's able to do more and be more active!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home